PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Meguiar`s Professional Aggressive clay bar?

gofastman
09-28-2006, 03:56 PM
What did you think of it, does it mar the paint?

the cars I usualy do are fairly neglected and I want something more effective and faster than the Clay Magic kit I usualy use

SpoiledMan
09-28-2006, 06:22 PM
I use it on neglected finishes. It chews through the tough stuff in a hurry. YES, it does cause marring to the finish as well. If it`s neglected, it`s getting compounded anyway so.....

Rockpick
09-28-2006, 09:10 PM
I use it on neglected finishes. It chews through the tough stuff in a hurry. YES, it does cause marring to the finish as well. If it`s neglected, it`s getting compounded anyway so.....

I agree.

I was able to use this clay while attending Meg`s 3-Day Advanced Course a few years ago. As SpoiledMan mentioned, it *will* mar a finish in a hurry but, if you`re going to be taking care of something similar during the normal detailing routine, it`s probably not a bad choice.

To date though, I haven`t really found a use for it because standard clay always seems to do the job for me and on my client`s vehicles. Not sure I`ve ever had to go after something that is bonded so much that I needed `the red clay`. ;)

Long story short, if you need it, use it but, be aware that it will cause a bit more work in the long run.

RP :D

gofastman
09-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Anyone know how Meg`s Pro MILD clay compairs to Clay Magic?

Rockpick
09-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Anyone know how Meg`s Pro MILD clay compairs to Clay Magic?

Head to head... about the same from the standpoint of both of them being `mild` and very safe/simple to use.

I`m a white clay kind of guy... thus, I`d give the nod to the Meg`s mild. Then again, they may have added some color to it (green or blue = mild / red = aggressive). I`m still working out of some old stock...

jdanielsg
03-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I probably should i have read up on it before I bought it, but now I have the red agressive clay, so I am guessing I cant be using that on the whole car, I dunt have a buffer and wouldnt want to buff the whole car. But say on certain small areas if I want to use it, would i be able to correct whatever damage was done with meguiars speed glaze (80) ? by hand of course.........

thanks guys

SpoiledMan
03-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Try a small area and if it doesn`t work, I`ll take it off your hands.:)

imported_Malachi
03-11-2007, 11:47 AM
When I first started detailing as a hobby it must have been on neglected cars because this was the first clay that got the job done. I plan to always have this clay or an equivlent around.

Jim D.
03-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I bought some of this when OTC clay wouldn`t remove some paint transferred to a bumper -- you know, from those steel poles that seem to get in the way when you exit a parking lot.

It was a tad pricey at about $25, and it did still take some effort, but it removed the paint transfer over a pretty broad area of about 4" x 9" -- this was on a `94 Camry (beige metallic). I also used it on the hood to remove stubborn paint splatters that had been on the surface for over 2 years.

I have not noticed marring on the Camry, but the bumper paint wasn`t in real good shape anyway; the hood seemed to be have no problems and I followed it with FX SynWax with nice results.

I would imagine on some finishes that there may be some marring with this clay depending on what you use for a lubricant or just how much elbow grease you put into your effort, but I had no complaints.

While I use OTC clays on a regular basis, I like having this aggressive clay handy for those special occassions.

jdanielsg
03-30-2007, 03:31 AM
thanks for the info guys