PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Supplies in Orlando Fl or Naples FL?

rmglynn
09-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Im over in the USA on vacaton and figured i`d stock up on detailing supplies whilst here, only problem is i can`t find anywhere!!! checked out Wall Mart but they only seem to have a couple of Megs items, and when i google there doesn`t seem to be anything obvious.

If you know of any in or near Orlando or Naples please post the addresses, I have GPS navigation with me so souldn`t be a problem finding them.

Im after Poorboys / Megs / Sonus / Concours / PC Pads etc so if you know anywhere please post!

Thanks in advance guys!

Mikeyc
09-28-2006, 02:35 PM
If you`re driving from Orlando to Naples you could make a detour over to Stuart, FL. Autogeek.net is located there and they have a HUGE selection of products.

Plus, SuperiorCarCare.com has several locations in FL I believe and I also think ProperAutoCare.com is located in Tampa, FL.

ret
09-28-2006, 02:47 PM
If you`re driving from Orlando to Naples you could make a detour over to Stuart, FL. Autogeek.net is located there and they have a HUGE selection of products.

Plus, SuperiorCarCare.com has several locations in FL I believe and I also think ProperAutoCare.com is located in Tampa, FL.

Tripple dito.....I live in Tampa and walk-in buy from properautocare, and order PB products and other stuff from Autogeek in Florida.

RET

Mikeyc
09-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Tripple dito.....I live in Tampa and walk-in buy from properautocare, and order PB products and other stuff from Autogeek in Florida.

RET

I think if you can visit both ProperAutoCare and Autogeek while your in FL then you`ll be a VERY happy guy. I believe Superior Car Care gets their inventory from Autogeek so they have most of the same things Autogeek does. However, I thought the multiple locations of Superior might make it more convenient.

rmglynn
09-28-2006, 06:08 PM
thanks for the responses guys! looks like i`ll be making a couple of detours on the way to naples!! - just gotta convince the girlfriend that it`ll be a more than riveting part of the holiday watching me stock up on detailing supplies...... :2thumbs:

wicho661
09-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Question, will customs allow you to take this questionable liquids onto an airplane?

I mean, clay looks like C-4!!!

paul34
09-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Security thinks a three year old holding an 8oz bottle of water is a terrorist, so yes I`d say you`ll probably have trouble carrying those items by hand. Maybe if you can wrap it up well you can put it in baggage you will check in.

rmglynn
09-28-2006, 06:29 PM
they`ll deffinatly be going into my check in / hold luggage, the UK (where im from) has just gone nuts since the plot on heathrow was uncovered - as such my girlfiend on the way out here had the following confiscated :

perfume

lip gloss

liquid foundation

I mean what was she going to do with that dress up the pilots and make them smell nice?!?!?!?

wicho661
09-28-2006, 06:39 PM
they`ll deffinatly be going into my check in / hold luggage, the UK (where im from) has just gone nuts since the plot on heathrow was uncovered - as such my girlfiend on the way out here had the following confiscated :

perfume

lip gloss

liquid foundation

I mean what was she going to do with that dress up the pilots and make them smell nice?!?!?!?

Well, thats what happens when a MAJOR terrorist plot is uncovered. We just have to deal with it. They took my Mp3 player for further checking.

It was fedexed to me not too long ago. I had some heated words with the supervisor.

I say, bring reciepts and brochures of the products to show them that it is auto detailing supplies.

imported_themightytimmah
09-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Don`t bring clay, BTW. It`s got roughly the same density and outward appearance as plastic explosive and they go loopy over it.

paul34
09-28-2006, 07:24 PM

perfume

lip gloss

liquid foundation

Of course, I`m just waiting for the day when they ban people from flights. I mean, people are the problem right, with these "terorrists"? It`d solve everything...

David Fermani
09-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Can`t you get detail products sent to you back home? Shipping can`t be that much and you`ll most likely not have to pay sales tax.

paul34
09-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Can`t you get detail products sent to you back home? Shipping can`t be that much and you`ll most likely not have to pay sales tax.

He may have to pay duties and other taxes if he tries to import stuff from here.

Bags
09-29-2006, 06:05 AM
What if you mail it to yourself?

paul34
09-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, it still has to go through customs (AFAIK, I may be wrong), so even if you declare it as a "gift," they can still open it up and charge you; at least, that`s how it works in the US and Canada. Not sure how up tight the customs people are over at the OP`s country.