PDA

View Full Version : Best Liquid Wax

Pages : [1] 2

Asonyexec
09-28-2006, 01:04 PM
I`m getting lazy in my old age and looking for a good LIQUID wax to use on my car (silver) to be applied with my PC - any suggestions?

BobD
09-28-2006, 01:09 PM
I`m getting lazy in my old age and looking for a good LIQUID wax to use on my car (silver) to be applied with my PC - any suggestions?

For anythning Liquid i recommend Four Star UPP. If you are feeling really lazy and want excellent swirl hiding abilities without polishing forever try Four Star 4-54 Sealant.

Joshua312
09-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Old age? :lol I checked your profile mister!

I second what Bob said the 4-54 Sealant does work excellent...otherwise another option would be M21.

Accumulator
09-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Much as I like UPP, I don`t find it that easy to do by PC, too easy to put it on too thick, making for tough removal.

Collinite 845 comes to mind, also the never-mentioned Malm`s wax. Neither stain trim and both are very forgiving of less-than-perfect application technique. You can just on/off with the PC (off using MF bonnets) with virtually no effort as long as the surface has been decently prepped. I`ve used both on silver and they looked fine. They don`t stain trim either.

imported_jaobrien6
09-28-2006, 01:20 PM
How about 1Z Glanz Wax? Goes on really easily with a PC, looks great (although never used it on silver, myself), beads water like there`s no tomorrow, and lasts quite a long time, in my experience (although probably not as long as the collinite, but I`ve never used 845, either). One note: application is a bit tricky until you get used to it, because it`s very, very watery. You have to be careful not to use too much.

CleanGSR
09-28-2006, 01:29 PM
M21 is super easy to apply via PC and really easy to remove. It also really makes metallics pop nice and is not going to break the bank.

Accumulator
09-28-2006, 01:32 PM
How about 1Z Glanz Wax? ..One note: application is a bit tricky until you get used to it...

I figured asonyexec was after something with virtually no learning curve, a product you don`t have to "master". Sometimes it *is* nice to be able to just not work at this stuff, IMO there`s a place for idiot-proof products even if we`re not idiots ;)

Dan
09-28-2006, 01:41 PM
If you want just a plain wax I`d say 845, sealant, Z-2.

TGates
09-28-2006, 01:42 PM
I like Meg`s #26 in liquid form and also Liquid Souveran.

imported_jaobrien6
09-28-2006, 01:43 PM
I figured asonyexec was after something with virtually no learning curve, a product you don`t have to "master". Sometimes is *is* nice to be able to just not work at this stuff, IMO there`s a place for idiot-proof products even if we`re not idiots ;)

Fair point. :)

Another I could recommend might be Liquid Souveran. Incredibly easy to use, looks great (gives a warm glow and darkens the paint a little). It`s main drawback is that it`s durability is not very good at all. It`s not one of my favorite products (because of the durability), but for ease of use and looks, it`s top notch, IMO.

Edit: of course, since you mention you`re getting lazy, you`re probably not looking for something with sketchy durability, so I retract the suggestion. hey, i tried. :)

firegate
09-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Carnauba Moose Wax is a nice choice for a liquid to apply via PC. Durability isn`t bad and looks fairly wet on Silver. The regular Moose Wax might also be worth a look for an all-in-one.

martinager
09-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Souveran Liquid wax.

Pretty nice price :)

Asonyexec
09-28-2006, 02:39 PM
One note: application is a bit tricky until you get used to it, because it`s very, very watery. You have to be careful not to use too much.

So I assume it would be similar to using the Klasse twins in that a LITTLE goes a very long way.

Way2SSlow
09-28-2006, 02:42 PM
The Poorboys World sealants (EX and EX-P) are EASY as heck to use. Adam`s butter wax is also very very easy to apply and remove.

Asonyexec
09-28-2006, 02:47 PM
I figured asonyexec was after something with virtually no learning curve, a product you don`t have to "master". Sometimes it *is* nice to be able to just not work at this stuff, IMO there`s a place for idiot-proof products even if we`re not idiots ;)

To correct an incorrect assumption, I don`t mind having to master a product, I have mastered a few........my criteria again is LIQUID, WAX, TO BE USED WITH A PC (or rotary i have both although i think using a rotary would be like using a backhoe to plant a rose bush).

THX