PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss Question

FreeBIZZ
09-28-2006, 07:50 AM
I have a VW GTI-Red that is almost brand new and has several layers of DG AquaWax on it. Under that I originally had 2 coast of PB EX applied about 4 mos. ago. Paint is in excellent condition, with only some very light spider-webbing that is only visible in certail sunlight conditions.

I plan to give the car a full detail tomorrow with Duragloss as follows:

Wash

DG Bonding Agent

DG #105

Follow up with #105 again next weekend.

Maintain with DG AquaWax.

My question is this:

*Will I have any issues with the Bonding Agent working over all the layers of Aquawax I have on the car and the original layers on PB EX that are 4 mos old, and may be gone anyway?

Your help is appreciated.

AL-53
09-28-2006, 08:21 AM
no..you will not have issues..

the bonding agent has a cleaner in it and will clean the AW away...

I polished a truck a few weeks ago and did not have time to finish up..so I sprayed AW over it after a polish and left it..a week later did the 601 and 105 over the AW and no problems...

the bottle of 601 reads..will remove old wax and polish(meaning sealants)......

you will have no problems...

Al

TigerMike
09-28-2006, 08:30 AM
I agree...just apply the PBA, which will clean the AW from the surface, as well as any remaining EX.

Remember to apply PBA and 105 very very thin, or it could be tougher to buff off.

The end result of 105+AW is a really good combo, both for shine and protection, so I think you will be very pleased with the look and durability. Keep us updated with your thoughts after the detail.

Regards,

Mike :)

FreeBIZZ
09-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks, Mike and Al. I mean, the car really looks great now with just the AW, but I want the extended protection for winter. I`ll do some pics when I can.

DM101
09-28-2006, 09:43 AM
I question what 601 will do. 601 "loosens old wax". But if you don`t buff it of how is it removing old wax. I would use a pre-cleaner like DG 671 or Menzerna fishing polish, or Meguiar`s Deep crystal paint cleaner or any type paint cleaner first. Remember lots of the outcome of your detail is in the prep. Then use the 601 etc

a.k.a. Patrick
09-28-2006, 10:33 AM
I would also feel more satisfied using a traditional cleaning/polish product made for removing previously applied protectants. (652/671)

FreeBIZZ
09-28-2006, 11:31 AM
I have a bottle of the #671 SMR, so maybe I`ll try that on a couple panels via PC and a polishing pad.