PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Werkstatt is a dust magnet?

LucasZCPM3
09-28-2006, 02:56 AM
Hi all, I recently recommended that a friend try the Werkstatt twins after all the great reviews on here. I haven’t used the Werkstatt line yet, nor can I go help because he lives in Hawaii. Is this normal for it to attract dust like crazy? Is it an application problem? He also said it didn’t dried to a haze after 35 minuets and decided to remove it. He’s only done 60 miles on the car since he used the JW and it has sat in a garage the whole time, no rain nothing...I’d really appreciate any help.

Lucas.

Setec Astronomy
09-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Wild guess: he used way too much, rubbed the crap out of it trying to get it off and gave the car a wicked static charge which attracted all that dust. Guess #2: He hasn`t washed/waxed his car in the last year, and never paid attention to how much dust settled on his car in the garage, or it was never clean enough to notice, until you invited him into the club.

LucasZCPM3
09-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the replay, He takes very good care of it. He`s been using NXT paste before this, washes every week with 2 bucket method. Applying it too thickly is quite possible, but he said it was very easy to remove.

imported_Bence
09-28-2006, 07:33 AM
A good way to get rid of the dust is to wait until the product cures and then flood the car again with a slow stream of water. It will kill the static charge. Works well with carnaubas too, and flood rinsing ensures a nearly dry surface.

CARGUY
09-28-2006, 07:51 AM
It`s just static charge. As soon as he washes it or it gets rained on, the dust problem will disappear. The static charge is caused by the rubbing/buffing off of the wax or sealant.

Setec Astronomy
09-28-2006, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the reply, He takes very good care of it. He`s been using NXT paste before this, washes every week with 2 bucket method. Applying it too thickly is quite possible, but he said it was very easy to remove.

Ok, sorry if I was tart, it just sounded like some experiences I`ve had with people where they change something, and suddenly notice something else that`s always been that way and complain about it.

Darren F
09-28-2006, 08:36 AM
I use Prime Acrylic remove it with Acrylic Jett Trigger then top it with OCW, I love how my black car looks...Very wet and reflective....If you do not apply the Prime in a very thin coat it can be hard to remove, but other than that never had any issues

racingbeat
09-28-2006, 09:14 AM
+1

I have had no such problems with Werkstatt Trigger. I wish I had known of this product years ago (I believe it exists as Carlack in Europe). about 1000% easier than Klasse SG to remove. No make that 3000% easier.

Werksatt will be my seasonal brand for polishing and sealing and FK1 for express cleaning and anti-static sealing. Still working on what to sandwich in between. I`m going to try the OCW spray/Carnauba Jett mixture for monthy applications vs. 1000P. I`m looking for as wet as possible vs. rock candy which I`m bored of having used SG for so long.

LucasZCPM3
09-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the help guys, so you think a wash will stop the static. Are the JW twins normally good at repealing dust and dirt? What’s the best way of avoiding this, I haven’t had a problem static charge before?

Again thanks, its great to have a place like this.

racingbeat
09-28-2006, 11:25 AM
you know I have a canvas top on my convertible and Manufacturer Hartz says not use any detergents on because detergents attract dust. Hmmm....

Since I stopped using liquid car wash detergents I`ve noticed much less dust attraction. Not sure if the same type detergents are used in ONR as say Meg`s gold class. With the anti-static quick detailer its down to next to nothing.

SVR
09-29-2006, 05:26 AM
If you have one, use a machine with the prime, way better result than by hand and you use much less

imported_Picus
09-29-2006, 08:18 AM
I agree, use a machine with prime and go over the panel twice to take down high spots - it`ll haze almost instantly like this and it`s much easier to remove.

I kind of did a double take when I saw the thread title because my experience has been the opposite. I find my car get`s slightly less dusty with PS/AJT, and more important (to me), AJT hides dirt really well. From 3-4 feet my black car looks amazing even with a thick layer of dust on it. That`s what sold me on the werkstatt stuff.