PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Twins Alternative

Pages : [1] 2

dmehak
09-27-2006, 10:31 PM
What are the alternatives to using the Klasse Twins (All-In-One and Sealant Glaze)?

All of the tutorials here say great things about Klasse, but I`ve read a couple things about the formula being changed?

awahl63
09-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Werkstatt Twins

wannafbody
09-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Werkstadt, Duragloss, Zaino

fdizzle
09-27-2006, 10:37 PM
could you be more specific on the "things" you heard?

i wonder if it has to do with all this voc compliance bs........

i hope not, i just ordered a 33ouncer of each aio and sg . . . .

dmehak
09-27-2006, 10:42 PM
i wonder if it has to do with all this voc compliance bs........

Yeah, that`s exactly what it was. This isn`t true I take it?

SDLexus
09-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Werkstatt Twins

+1 Werkstatt is a great alternative.

fdizzle
09-28-2006, 02:48 AM
I just realized my post may have sounded sarcastic - my bad

Just curious if you had any more spefific info on formula changes. . .

The people at autogeek dont seem to know anything about a formula change . . .

They are a fairly large Klassy dealer.

You wouldent happen to know their home page woudl you? anyone?

Djmigs
09-28-2006, 03:21 AM
:tumblewee

post1 (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64963&highlight=klasse+voc)

post2 (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54519&highlight=klasse+voc)

Milestones
09-28-2006, 06:02 AM
SG is still SG.

However, lots of folks are saying that the new post VOC AIO is watered down and not as strong as it was before.

For this reason some are suggesting using Werkstatt`s Prime Strong as the "new" AIO.

I haven`t done a before/after test myself - but I have seen lots of folks here at Autopia expressing disappointment with the change in AIO.

Even assuming there is a problem with the new AIO, Prime Strong could still be used with Klasse SG.

Darren F
09-28-2006, 08:39 AM
I use Prime Acrylic and Acrylic Jett Trigger, Black car looks great

TigerMike
09-28-2006, 08:42 AM
The most comparable and identical alternative to Klasse is going to be the Jeff`s products.

Other great sealant alternatives would be Duragloss, Zaino, etc...

racingbeat
09-28-2006, 09:40 AM
as a "kit" i don`t think Werkstatt is an alternative to Klasse.

ITS SUPERIOR!!

I haven`t used the poorboys polish but their EXP Sealant is identical in ease of use to

Werkstatt`s Acrylic Jett Trigger and in terms of looks I couldn`t tell a difference. Its very very

minimal. I`ve used EXP over Klasse All in One(old polish formula) and gotten great results.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/789000-789999/789415_76_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/789000-789999/789415_75_full.jpg

^

Klasse All in One

Poorboys EXP

FK Pink Wax (monthly)

Aqua Wax (post wash)

FK 425 to finish no matter what.

fdizzle
09-28-2006, 09:57 AM
so i just checked out the jeff`s website. nice stuff.

since i have yet to even use klasse, should i call autogeek and cencel my order for the big containers (33oz) and just order the smaller kit (10oz aio and 16.9 sg) and at least give it a shot?

for you jeff`s fans - which products are equal in purpose to the aio and sg - i noticed they had quite a few - and, which jeff`s product will work like aio when you top it with soverign?

racingbeat
09-28-2006, 10:05 AM
I wouldn`t order large quantities of any polish/sealant kit unless you plan to do 20 cars!

the little bottles of the Klasse twins will last you for a long long time. Remember you are only doing this a couple times a year or during seasonal changes.

As for which of the Werkstatt products to use I think it depends on how often you detail. Some Werkstatt products are made as stand alones and others with the idea that the car will get regular

treatment of different waxes and sprays. I`m deciding on which Prime polish to order now.

But definitely cancel that Klasse order, only buy big anything until you`ve tried a smaller amount first, then committ to larger quantities. That`s just my advice.

3Dog
09-28-2006, 10:53 AM
If you are just going to buy two products then go with Prime Strong and AJ-Trigger. From there you can build. I like Prime-A for chrome and I am still lobbying for Quick Wash in a gallon size.