PDA

View Full Version : Detailing training

QUALITY DETAIL
04-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Ok got a question, where is the best place to turn to learn the trade again after being away from it for sometime. Like simple start up kits, Polishing vs waxing vs seleant. Being away from the trade has left me with alot of question regarding all the different ways to detail nowdays. Thanks in advance

Cheers
Craig

delta
04-04-2005, 08:46 PM
I learned alot from the on-line community here and at other sites. I have been away for a couple of years too and there is alot to learn. What I do after I research is ask specific questions and then try it on my GIRLFRIENDS car. All the while documenting the procedure and how it turned out. I started my detailing business doing co-workers cars with otc products (meg and mothers). The key is to ask questions......they will help you .

Pat

Jngrbrdman
04-04-2005, 08:49 PM
That is exactly what I built www.OCDetails.com to do. Other than that I would suggest reading forums like Detail City to get back in the swing of things. If you have been in business before then it will come back to you I`m sure.

QUALITY DETAIL
04-04-2005, 10:03 PM
www.OCDetails.com
Great site alot of good info thanks for the replies

mrdetail123
12-06-2005, 02:07 PM
check out RespectTheMullet.com it`s a great video with over 20+years of combined training, many tricks of the trade, lesson on paint, remove scratches, buffing, extc. check it out