PDA

View Full Version : Honda Polish

Pages : [1] 2

TGates
09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
For you bikers out there, this stuff is awesome for bugs and general road grime after a long ride. I am using the Harley-Davidson labelled equivalent. I rode my bike today about 110 miles on business and when I got back it was covered in bugs. I first tried S&W but it didn`t do much. I tried some Meg`s Bug&Tar wipes. These are worthless. I got the Honda Polish (okay, Harley Polish, same diff) out and it dissolved the bug guts almost instantly, wiped off quite easily, and left a nice slick layer of protection behind. I forgot how nice this stuff really is.

I`m going to try some of the BF Ivory spray cleaner and see how it stacks up.

topnotchtouch
09-25-2006, 08:38 PM
I have used the Honda Polish for years on my bikes, great stuff :bigups

I do believe S100 makes some of the polishes and cleaners for Honda.

One example I know for sure is their all purpose cleaner called Honda Brite.

If you look at the bottle you can make out the S100 logo...

http://powersports.honda.com/the_goods/parts_and_service/detail.asp?ProductGroup=Cleaners+%26+Polishes&PartId=08732-0020B&PartValue=Hondabrite%26%23153%3B+%28Spray%29&TheGoodsDir=3

http://powersports.honda.com/images/the_goods/accessories/119_157_oils_and_chemicals/cleaners_polishes/large/08732-0020B_large.jpg

TGates
09-25-2006, 11:30 PM
I have the S100 Detail + Wax which I assume is a lot like the Honda Polish, just possibly with more actual wax content. It works pretty good but doesn`t have the same cleaning ability of the Honda Polish.

imported_arenner80
09-27-2006, 01:30 AM
I use honda polish on my bike every time. Absolutely love it!

EMazda3S
09-27-2006, 04:09 AM
I recall reading that it was the same as or quite similar to Protect All`s Polish. ???

The Protect All is available at my local Walmart.

Dan
09-27-2006, 04:49 AM
If you use it for fresh bugs its works well, especially if there is a layer of the stuff underneath. I don`t care for the silicone look shine it gives though. However nothing beats the a wet towel sitting on the fairing for an hour or so to really soften the bugs so no scrubbing is needed. For you cruiser folk with removable windshields (that scratch when you sneeze near them) you can just lay them down in the shower, turn water to almost too hot to shower in and leave in for a while, you come back and all the bugs are gone and no additional scratches.

TGates
09-27-2006, 08:22 AM
If you use it for fresh bugs its works well, especially if there is a layer of the stuff underneath. I don`t care for the silicone look shine it gives though. However nothing beats the a wet towel sitting on the fairing for an hour or so to really soften the bugs so no scrubbing is needed. For you cruiser folk with removable windshields (that scratch when you sneeze near them) you can just lay them down in the shower, turn water to almost too hot to shower in and leave in for a while, you come back and all the bugs are gone and no additional scratches.

Yeah, that works wonders. I don`t use a windshield much anymore so I have to worry about getting bugs off everything from my headlight, mirrors, front of the engine, front of the air cleanener cover, insides of wheels, hot exhaust, you name it. Damn those bugs.

FidoAUTO
09-27-2006, 09:12 AM
I think the Honda Polish is actually GLARE PROFESSIONAL POLISH

The longest lasting (and slickest) sealant out there by far!!

3Dog
09-27-2006, 09:42 AM
On my personal bike I use BF cleaner/carnauba after a ride and BF`s plastic cleaner/polish on the windshield.

TGates
09-27-2006, 10:23 AM
On my personal bike I use BF cleaner/carnauba after a ride and BF`s plastic cleaner/polish on the windshield.

I`m wanting to get some of the BF cleaner/carnauba. Have you tried Honda Polish? If so, does the BF clean as well as that on caked on bugs and other road grime or is it more carnauba, less cleaner?

Black240SX
09-27-2006, 11:08 AM

No, they`re not even similar.

3Dog
09-29-2006, 11:58 AM
I`m wanting to get some of the BF cleaner/carnauba. Have you tried Honda Polish? If so, does the BF clean as well as that on caked on bugs and other road grime or is it more carnauba, less cleaner?

IMO it cleans very well...but then again I do have a lot of underlying protection.

porta
09-30-2006, 03:14 AM

Honda pro polish, Glare and Fireglaze is the same product. Very good.

www.autopolish.com

www.autopolish.net

wannafbody
09-30-2006, 10:13 AM

I take it you haven`t tried Zaino. Slickness isn`t that big of a deal-after all slickness can be created by oils and silicones.

topnotchtouch
09-30-2006, 10:54 AM
I take it you haven`t tried Zaino. Slickness isn`t that big of a deal-after all slickness can be created by oils and silicones.

Ooops here it comes, another off-topic pissing contest about product choices... :argue