PDA

View Full Version : Possible marketing tip to find new customers

Secret Chimp
04-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey all.

Does anyone market their services directly to apartment building staff? Out here, most of the high end apartment complexes are happy to distribute my marketing material for free to all new residents. They include my 4x6 card in with the new resident `welcome packet`. That gets my business info, service outline and price structure directly to people who are new to the area/neighborhood.

I have been doing this fairly recently, so I don`t know how successful it will be. But I imagine it should work better than peppering those same complexes with my cards on the windows of dirty cars.

So if you are looking to get more work, maybe this is worth a try?

SC~

rollman
04-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Thats a great tip . Nice way to get your business known without having to stuff mail boxes or stick flyers on cars , both which don`t have much success.

Its a win win for the apartment complex . It makes the complex more attractive to renters when services like this can be easily obtained .

How did you go about getting this under way ? Who would you suggest that someone talk to at these apartment buildings ?

Good thinking SC :bigups

G35stilez
04-04-2005, 04:43 PM
My current complex has a detailer in their maintenance staff. I don`t know if I`d have a chance.

"Finish Line" Detailing it`s called. The flyer looks like a copy of a copy of a copy. Very `generic` services, but high prices for them. The cars in the lots here look nothing special so I doubt he gets any business. Maybe I will try this out at my next area of living in June.

Thanks for the reminder though.

Secret Chimp
04-04-2005, 06:20 PM
It`s easy actually. Just walk into the rental office and ask to speak with the office manager. Introduce yourself as a small local detailing business looking to offer their residents a convenient service. Ask them if there are ways in which you can market those services directly to the residents...ie a newsletter, move-in package, sign boards in the work-out room/community center. If they have either of these, they will outline to you what you should do next. Usually you just have to provide some business cards or flyers.