PDA

View Full Version : removing smells from vehicles

GregCavi
04-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Hello

I have a reposessed van lined up for tommarow. The van has an odd smell from a dog that they had. I am planning to Use Seans OXy method and Adams carpet cleaner. I know that will get the stains out of the carpets and seats and headliner. Do you think that will get rid of most of the smell? I also plan on using febreeze and a pine tree if needed haha.

Greg

Hawaiianelement
04-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me . I wouldn`t give the owners any guarantee`s you know .

GregCavi
04-04-2005, 04:38 PM
There are no owners. My dad is a banker and he wanted it done before the bank sells it. So i told him 50 bucks with no gaurentee.

Greg

G35stilez
04-04-2005, 04:53 PM
http://topoftheline.com/odor-removal.html

The Oxy/APC works 9 outta 10 times. Make sure you use hot water and maybe a little more Oxy. Spraying down with Ozium (any auto store) would be a good idea as well.

GregCavi
04-04-2005, 05:39 PM
http://topoftheline.com/odor-removal.html

The Oxy/APC works 9 outta 10 times. Make sure you use hot water and maybe a little more Oxy. Spraying down with Ozium (any auto store) would be a good idea as well.

Sean do you think I could find that at napa?

Greg

G35stilez
04-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Possibly.

I would say more like Wal-Mart or PepBoys should definatley have it.

GregCavi
04-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Possibly.

I would say more like Wal-Mart or PepBoys should definatley have it.

Cool thanks!

Greg

tubafeak
04-04-2005, 08:57 PM
I used a diluted Simple Green solution on my carpets, used the oxy method on top of that, and then rinsed very thoroughly. It seemed to eliminate all smells and leave behind a nice subtle simple green scent. That would be my suggestion, I feel that the only smell in a car should be the smell of cleanliness, no out of place odors, just a smell free of anything bad.

MS22
04-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I bought a product from Megs Pro line that is supposed to eliminate smells from upholstery, like smoke and pets. Have not had a chance to use it but who ever carries the Pro line locally should have it, it was worth a try for $8.