PDA

View Full Version : Just tried Aqua Wax for the 1st time. . . .

SamIam
09-25-2006, 09:21 AM
Gotta say, I really like it. I was going through a small town and saw a Carquest store, which I hadn`t seen locally. With all the reports about Duragloss, I thought I`d see if they carried any AquaWax. They did, so I forked over my cash and walked out with it.

Fast forward 2 weeks, I remember it`s in the trunk, so I decide to use it. I just got back from a 626 mile road trip to Cleveland. Bugs are an inch thick on the front. Car is a pearl Lexus GS300, had SG on it from a month ago, washed with Perls shampoo. I decided to try the Aquawax but wanted to see what it looked like without the benefit of Perls adding anything. I washed with EF Powerwash Plus, and hosed off with stream of water to minimize to drying. Sprayed Aquawax as I dried.

Result was impressive. No streaking, easy to use. I tried the touch test after drying an area without Aquawax and with Aquawax. I THOUGHT I saw a difference, but I did feel a difference. Aquawax made the surface slick as anything I`ve used and this morning, in the sun, it felt slicker and look fabulous.

I give it a big thumbs up :2thumbs: Of course I just ordered Zaino Z5, Z2, Z6 and Z8 to do a family friends car and will also at a minimum do my wifes Honda van.

Anyways, here are some pics. Don`t pick on the wheels, too dark when I finished washing to get to them. I guess I have something to do today. I thought it did a good job making the metal flake pop a bit and there is a nice glow and reflectivity to the finish.

I like it, it has a place in my roster of products. Thanks to Autopia for the tip.

SamIam

TigerMike
09-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Great! Glad you are liking the AW product! It really is a great spray sealant, with real-world durability and protection, not to mention a really nice reflective, wet shine and great slickness.

AW has easily become my favorite overall detailing product. So easy to use, such great results. I really really like it!

Can`t wait to see the pics!!

Mike :)

DM101
09-25-2006, 10:03 AM
TigerMike, Just curious, have you ever taken a kickback from duragloss? You can take the 5th if want. As I use AW after the second coat the finish becomes to reflective and loses the depth and wetness. JMHO

TigerMike
09-25-2006, 10:14 AM
MDRX8... no need to plea anything. I`ve never even talked to anyone live at Duragloss, much less received anything from them. I buy and use many of their products, and I really like them. I don`t see it as any different from the fans of many other lines here.

It`d be nice to get something for all the free promotion, but I`ll be happy as long as they don`t discontinue the production of some of their products. Hopefully, they`ll be around a long time to enjoy.

I did email them once about doing a promotion for the forum members, but never even heard back from them on that, even after repeated attempts of (email) contact.

I`ve got most of my old Carquest receipts laying around somewhere that would account for every DG product I own, and nothing more.

:)

imported_Yal
09-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Aquawax is good stuff and you`re right it does get slicker overnight.

Oh and if TigerMike is getting paid for his endorsements how about all those Zaino guys?;)

SamIam
09-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Here are the pics, am still new to using XAT so I am not sure how these will turn out, just know that it looks pretty good.

06E90
09-25-2006, 11:19 AM
I also think that AW is a great product. Like any other sealant/wax the look is not for everybody. I`m glad that people like Tiger Mike tell us about these products. I may have never tried it if not. It is now one of my favorite products. I have been using it over DG 105 after every wash (AW only after wash) and it looks like I spent hours on the paint.

DM101
09-25-2006, 12:21 PM
I did not imply TigerMike got paid. It would be great if a few companys would give us Autopian`s a nice price break. TM has done a great job of expreessing what he likes in a honest manner. We all have our likes, thats a good thing.

Setec Astronomy
09-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Probably the reason that an Autopian discount didn`t fly at DG would be for the same reason other mfrs. won`t do that, because discounting would undercut their distributors. As it is, hard to beat $4.95 flat rate shipping, especially since I don`t have any local places I can find DG products.

racingbeat
09-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Aqua Wax is great, particularly when others are charging two and three times for simialr results.

I use Aqua Wax and FK 425 back to back. Nice Bling from the AW and EXCELLENT anti-static teflon-like properties from the 425. Like Peanut butter and Jelly. Dirt rolls right after after a rain fall.

Both can be bought by the gallon for about $25 with only $5 shipping.

p.s.

I ran out of AW and decided to try Optimum Spray Wax to compare.

wannafbody
09-25-2006, 03:03 PM
IMO AW is one of the best OTC "finds" out there

SB_92_MX5
09-25-2006, 03:37 PM
My kudo`s to DG for their products. I use their Aquawax, Glass Polish, #105, Polish Bonding Agent and their convertible top dressing. My car always looks freshly detailed, even though I actually spend little time - a good wash, followed by AW.