PDA

View Full Version : Washing

Shaun Carollo
04-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Before I wash, I always check the weather to make sure I have a couple of days until it rains next. What is a good balance of washing to keep clean, and knowing when its just a waste of time?

Also, I will be getting vinyl graphics advertising on my rear window soon, do you think I need to keep my baby clean ALL the time in that case, or will this just cause me to polish out the marring more often?

Thanks,
Shaun

dalmore
04-04-2005, 03:20 PM
:lmfao When is washing just a waste of time is probably not a good question to be asking this crew!

But seriously, that`s a judgement call. Personally, I wash with a hose and bucket about every 2 to 3 weeks depending on my schedule. My daily driver truck gets a S&W at least once between the washes unless it just gets too dirty for the amount of MF I have clean.

On my Garage Queen, she gets washed with S&W every day before she ventures out. That averages about 2-3 times a week if the weather is nice enough. You have a little car too and could probably S&W it in 10 minutes or so.

Since my wife`s car lives in the garage with my car - It gets washed about every month. Usually a S&W, but occasionally with a hose and bucket.

CharlesW
04-04-2005, 03:21 PM
A couple of days seems to be good enough excuse for me to wash.
A weather forecast of 20% chance of rain doesn`t stop me, but a forecast of 40% chance, I will usually wait.
As far as keeping your vehicle clean as an advertisement, I think it would be a good idea.
I have a real problem with driving a dirty vehicle anytime so I guess my view point is a little skewed.

Charles

Boss_429
04-04-2005, 04:39 PM
I usually only get the chance to wash on weekends. Even if it`s going to rain on a Monday, I will wash on a Saturday. IMHO, it pays to keep the contaminates off the paint whenever possible...... especially when I`ll have to wait at least a week to wash it again.

Hawaiianelement
04-04-2005, 04:52 PM
With our tradewinds here you never know when some rain clouds will blow in . So my Element gets wiped down every other day . I check the tire dressing and fenderwells and rims if they need a touch up. I have chrome vinyl graphics on most of my windows so yes i have to keep it clean .
IMO , if your advertising your detailing services your car better be CLEAN and looking good . As soon as someone reads the signage the first thing they do is check out my vehicle.

Some detail spray and BNB keeps the phone ringing. :headbang

John Styrnol
04-04-2005, 06:08 PM
I washed and put another layer of CMW Saturday, well today it`s been raining all day. I knew this ahead of time, but it did not stop me.

robman
04-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Thats funny about our Hawaii weather. You can detail in the morning and drive 20 miles East towards town (and the mountains) and get nailed. I love Hawaii but sometimes keeping a clean car is a challenge.

91LSMAN
04-11-2005, 02:59 PM
If I can get 1 day that`s dry I`ll wash. Sometimes I know it`s going to rain the next day and I still wash. Right now it`s on and off rain/hail/sun. I want to take the Legend for a drive, but it`s clean and I don`t want to get it dirty yet. :rolling