PDA

View Full Version : tire foam... not impressed

imported_john1c
09-24-2006, 06:10 PM
hey guys.. i bought that black magic tire wet foam.. and applied it yesterday night after washing my car.. this morning i drove it to work and i looked at my paint.. and it seemed like the foam wasnt dried fully and it sprayed all oveer my doors and stuff.. i dont get it.. how long do i have to wait for it to dry??!?

sspeer
09-24-2006, 07:01 PM
I wasn`t that impressed with it either. I`ve really had better luck with a dedicated tire cleaner (black magic in my case) and then Megs GC Endurance or Long Haul Tire Sealant (a pleasant surprise!).. both lasted at least a couple of weeks for me

The Tire Foam has been demoted to wheel well duty

joyriiide1113
09-24-2006, 07:59 PM
I wasn`t that impressed with it either. I`ve really had better luck with a dedicated tire cleaner (black magic in my case) and then Megs GC Endurance or Long Haul Tire Sealant (a pleasant surprise!).. both lasted at least a couple of weeks for me

The Tire Foam has been demoted to wheel well duty

I don`t think durabilty is his issue. Its the dressings ability to absorb and dry onto the tire. Although this is very much dependant on the type of tire its being applied to, most oily dressings have a hard time staying on the tire. Which is why I prefer waterbased dressings for most applications.

sspeer
09-24-2006, 09:01 PM
I don`t think durabilty is his issue. Its the dressings ability to absorb and dry onto the tire. Although this is very much dependant on the type of tire its being applied to, most oily dressings have a hard time staying on the tire. Which is why I prefer waterbased dressings for most applications.

I should have worded that a bit better..my line of thinking was durabilty of looks because it doesn`t sling off

I think using separate cleaner allows the dressing to stick/absorb better..kind of like how an all-in-one is usually not as effective as using separate steps

imported_themightytimmah
09-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I`m not impressed at all with tire foam for tires - but it`s great for wells. I buy whatever`s cheapest at Wal-Mart and use it to dress the wells after every wash, it makes a huge difference on a black car.

imported_Yal
09-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Black Magic Tire Wet Express is much better but you have to do a little more work than hitting a spray button.

BigAl3
09-25-2006, 12:22 PM
i`ve been using armor all tire foam for years with no problems. i spray (thin coat) and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, and then take a tire swipe and spread it around evenly...

warthog
09-25-2006, 09:00 PM
I have had the exact same issue. Nothing like having nice wet looking paint with "oil" spots all over it. Can now resides in the trash.