PDA

View Full Version : Self-serve Car Wash in Northern Virginia?

Pages : [1] 2

jmhumr
09-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I`m looking for one of those coin-operated self-serve car washes in Northern Virginia (perferrably inside the beltway, in Arlington/Alexandria). I`ve driven around and I`m nearly convinced they don`t exist. I`ve also exhausted all my online searching options, so I`m hoping someone has seen one! Thanks.

BTW, if anyone in Arlington wants to offer the street outside their house, I`d be open to that too. (I`d even pay for the water used.) ;)

Thomas Dekany
09-24-2006, 06:11 PM
there is one on Rt 1 in alexandria, by gold`s gym/pepboys

brwill2005
09-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Thomas- Sure wish I owned one. Now that I am thinking, there is a shortage of these types of facilities in NOVA.

Mach30SiR
09-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Thomas- Sure wish I owned one. Now that I am thinking, there is a shortage of these types of facilities in NOVA.

huge shortage - but theres an abundance of these car washes that still use an gas station style cleaner but at the end have people drying your car instead for 20 bucks. I`m so happy i`ve read about ONR for living in a condo! cant go wrong with that!

brwill2005
09-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Yup. Plenty of drive-through car washes. I try to educate my customers regarding the dangers of such places. They always ask where all the scratches came from.

jmhumr
10-02-2006, 11:01 AM
there is one on Rt 1 in alexandria, by gold`s gym/pepboys

Bah, I just got back from hunting that one down and it is a full-service wash. I`m looking for a self-service one.

Thomas Dekany
10-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Bah, I just got back from hunting that one down and it is a full-service wash. I`m looking for a self-service one.

It was definately a self service wash before. I have used it in the past.

brwill2005
10-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Like I said, there is a shortage. There is definitely one in Sterling. It is called Sweat Water.

imported_gxlex
10-02-2006, 07:46 PM
There are two in Falls Church. One is at the Amoco gas station in Eden Center aka Vietnamese center. There are also one on Rt50 at a gas station between Rt7 and Annandale Rd. If you are coming from Arlington it would be on your right after Rt7 overpass. Its located next to Radio Shack.

lukeinva
10-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Yeah my wife used one, cause she really wanted her car washed but didnt want to wash it at home!!! Now I have to get all the swirl marks out of her brand new dodge caliber! I said why didnt you just let me wash it. She said cause I really wanted to wash the car myself!!!

Thomas Dekany
10-12-2006, 05:12 PM
sorry to hear that - what color?

jmhumr
10-13-2006, 09:54 PM
There are two in Falls Church. One is at the Amoco gas station in Eden Center aka Vietnamese center. There are also one on Rt50 at a gas station between Rt7 and Annandale Rd. If you are coming from Arlington it would be on your right after Rt7 overpass. Its located next to Radio Shack.

Are those actual bay washes? Most of those gas station washes are just canisters next to the vacuum and air stations, and they force you to use the full cycle - you pay $5 for a coin and you get like 10 mins to use the cycle. Worthless.

The benefit of the bay washes is that you pay by like $1/minute and you can use whatever cycle you want, which works for me because I`m just there for the water and go at my own pace with my own bucket and soap.

smpol19
02-02-2007, 02:26 PM
There is one at the intersection of Lee Highway, and Blake Ln. near Fairfax circle. Its 2 bays in a Citgo station across the St. from an IHOP

Should be in the middle of this map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=fairfax,+va&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=38.867981,-77.273197&spn=0.01507,0.043259&om=1)

Thomas Dekany
02-02-2007, 10:35 PM
thanks, good to know.

urbangreenz4
03-06-2007, 09:09 AM
I`m originally from TX and in the Houston and surrounding areas, you can find more car washes than liquor stores in some places. I just assumed they were everywhere... but you guys are spot on... there`s almost NONE here. I guess the real estate is just too expensive and seeing how some of these people care about their cars... it`s no wonder there aren`t any.

However, there are enough of us that do care that there should be at least one in every community. I haven`t found any in Herndon yet, but I`m looking...