PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on trim

Grimm
09-23-2006, 08:27 PM
I have a 2003 Pontiac Bonneville, and I need advice on how to handle the trim around the windows. It feels to be either a plastic with a soft coating, or else a hard rubber. It has the appearance of being painted. When I first got the car, I was doing some hand polishing and got some on the trim in one spot. It marred it to the point that it is now dull black instead of shiny. Inspecting the trim, I find it is easly marred by even MF towels if rubbed hard. Does anyone know if I can restore this back to original shine, or has the coating been damaged? I tried a couple polishes as well as Back to Black, and even a suggestion of peanut butter but nothing helped.

Ecodetail
09-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Is this trim made of plastic, or rubber? If it`s plastic try Klssse AIO or stoner speed bead to polish it. Now I don`t understand marring you are talking about on the trim. How could a trim be so susceptible to being easily marred as you explained? Certainly, that`s not good brain in design or choice of material- horrible job by GM.

Grimm
09-24-2006, 06:34 AM
I`ll try and get a picture this afternoon, but yes it marrs that easy. I can`t tell if it`s plastic or rubber, but I can press my fingernail into it. When I was trying different things on the smaller spot I actually rubbed other areas with the MF and it left dull marks on the shiney area.