PDA

View Full Version : Which non-abrasive polish?

noooorb
09-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey guys I`m failry new I co-detailed my buddy`s car not too long ago and I want to start on mine. I have a 2002 RSX that doesn`t really have flaws and I`d like to keep the paint nice and shining for as long as possible.(long-term car here) I have a PC 7336. On the autopia manual, it says to Polish 3-4 a year with prewax, nonabrasive polish (amongst other steps). Which ones are really recommended (klasse All-in-one)? My friend has a bottle of optimum polish, is that too harsh?

Also is it true that if you keep using abrasive polishes it will eventually eat away the clear coat? How much polishing is too much?

Thanks in advance! :getdown

CelicaLover
09-23-2006, 03:17 PM
I would try some klasse AIO if your looking for a mild to non-existent abrasive cleaner.

imported_paradigm
09-23-2006, 04:04 PM
OP should be very mild...just use a white or black LC pad. i haven`t used Klasse AIO yet, but that is probably a great choice as well, based on all the comments here.

Accumulator
09-24-2006, 11:00 AM
noooorb- Welcome to Autopia!

Yeah, you can eventually take off too much clear, but it takes a lot of polishing, at least if you`re (only) using the PC as opposed to a rotary. My wife and I keep our vehicles a *long* time and it`s not really an issue. But better safe than sorry.

Using a product with *very* mild abrasives won`t take off an appreciable amount of clear, so choose wisely and you should be OK.

Nonabrasive/minimally-abrasive produts such as AIO, Autoglym SRP, Pinnacle PCL, P21S GEPC, 1Z MetallicPolishWax, and Meguiar`s Deep Crystal step #1 are almost certainly safe enough to use as often as you like.

FWIW, I don`t polish all that often, I jsually clean the paint with Sonus green Ultra-Fine clay and just reapply my LSP.