PDA

View Full Version : Buy A Car Because Of The Color?

Sveta
09-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Ever by a car or trim level just because you liked the color? Share your story.

I cannot believe I liked a color so much, I bought a trim level I really didn`t need or want. It`s OK, but the color...It`s insane that I like it so much.

sevenrd
09-22-2006, 11:54 PM
I just chose from what they had on the lot.

Accumulator
09-23-2006, 10:22 AM
The color of my M3 sedan (Byzanz metallic) was a *big* part of why I bought it. The M3 sedan was on my short list anyhow, but there were other cars I was considering as well. When I had a chance to get this one I jumped on it because of the color (it`s very similar to the color of my mother`s `69 Charger R/T from when I was a kid).

It was supposed to just be my beater but I like it so much I`ve been spending the last few months doing a major cleanup, starting with the undercarriage. No way I`d be doing that had I bought a different color. Now if I would just quit nit-picking about areas that nobody can see and start putting it back together :o

Darren F
09-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Certain cars do look better in some colors than others

GMZ
09-23-2006, 01:30 PM
When I got my 4 Runner I knew I wanted the lighter silver. My first car was the same shade and it was a joy to maintain. After having dark blue and red 350Z`s I was tired of seeing dirt and flaws by the time I was done washing/waxing. I knew the trim of 4 Runner I wanted and I knew the color, and I got it! Best choice I ever made.

Grimm
09-23-2006, 02:16 PM
I would say yes. My shortlist was four cars, and the Bonneville was last because the interior wasn`t as "luxery" as the others, and it`s the most common of the four. But when I saw a black one with chrome wheels I decided that it was the one. Though that little voice in the back of my head said I would regret the color. :doh

Zet
09-23-2006, 05:06 PM
The color of the car I currently own was mainly chosen to be easy to maintain (medium blue/grey metallic), but that was before I got into detailing. The color of my next car will mainly be chosen to look good when just detailed ;) I`m not sure if I`m ready for a black car though...

I don`t think I would buy a car just because of the color, but I would strike out a car if it was not available in the "right" color.

yush
09-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Certain cars do look better in some colors than others

I totally agree

lbls1
09-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Although I ordered the color combination that I wanted, color wasn`t the primary reason for purchasing my current car.

armoredsaint
09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
i never owned a silver metallic car before, coming from a black car the upkeep is night and day :D

Accumulator
09-27-2006, 12:20 PM
armoredsaintt- It`s sorta like getting a bunch of your free time back, huh? I too switched from black to silver ;)

RTexasF
09-27-2006, 02:28 PM
I had done my homework and knew exactly what I wanted including color. After 10 dealers tried to talk me out of a 5 speed stick (they didn`t have one) another called with exactly what I wanted so I bought it. Color was important but not the primary factor.

QuattroUser
09-28-2006, 03:48 PM
I knew I wanted an A4, options were most important (3.0, Manual, sport etc.) and I wanted dark blue. Couldnt find one and saw dark red in the showroom. Fell in love and wrote the check.

Sveta
09-30-2006, 11:15 PM
:usa

MANY THANKS! About 1/4 of us got caught by the pretty face.

Just want to say I really enjoyed reading everyone`s stories. The other thing is everyone was cool. I`ve just spent several hours on some other car forums and it was like D-Day and every other poster has a B^g up their, ya` know, and looking for a fight or to find the smallest thing to react to. Who needs the negativity? Then I came back to the best forum on the web. :2thumbs: Detailers rule.

Will add my new car to my line when it gets delivered week of Oct 9-14.

sixty7mustang22
10-04-2006, 09:49 AM
I bought my car because it was Reflex Silver. I had had a silver car in the past and it was so easy to take care of and it always looked good. I will always look for a silver car, if/when I go shopping for a new car.