PDA

View Full Version : Ugh horrible paintjob done.

neonecko
09-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Well my car was in an accident a while back(deer), and I had to get some things repainted. Well, the shop that my father took it to was horrible, not only is there massive amounts of orange peel on the doors fenders and bumper(paint on fender and bumper does not SHINE...AT ALL), but they painted a white car next to mine and now there are white spots ALL over my car. Any suggestions would be nice. Looking for a detailing in NOVA, Fairfax, Ashburn area with wetsanding experience as this may be needed. Yes, I know wetsanding is not recommended but I am out of options here besides a full repaint. I will be selling the car in about a year so long term effects are meh.

04 Honda Accord Sedan Graphite Pearl.

These are the before pictures just incase you don`t know what an accord is :usa

04` GP Accord V6 Sedan (http://gen7accord.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3590)

Guy
09-22-2006, 06:31 PM
I`d take it back and tell them to do it right or refund your money to take it to a place that will.

Thomas Dekany
09-22-2006, 07:47 PM
I have a painter for you in Manassas, but you should take it back NOW! Who was it?

neonecko
09-23-2006, 12:45 AM
It was this place in merrifield. HORRIBLE, its thats one shop next to Arby`s right across from PizzaHut and Taco Bell. HORRIBLE. A disputed with the manager and he refused to do anything. He refused to remove the 3 dings they managed to put onto my car(unless I pay more) and they refused to fix the paintjob on the saying "All repaints have orange peel." I told him not like this and he just kept disputing me. You`ve got a good painter in manassas? Who and where.

Five Star
09-23-2006, 01:08 AM
File a small claims in court.

I bet they will fix it real quick when they get the summons.

It was this place in merrifield. HORRIBLE, its thats one shop next to Arby`s right across from PizzaHut and Taco Bell. HORRIBLE. A disputed with the manager and he refused to do anything. He refused to remove the 3 dings they managed to put onto my car(unless I pay more) and they refused to fix the paintjob on the saying "All repaints have orange peel." I told him not like this and he just kept disputing me. You`ve got a good painter in manassas? Who and where.

Thomas Dekany
09-23-2006, 02:30 PM
call after 11.00am - his name is Robert

In Manassas. 703 335 9646

PS:yes take the shop to court, but also go back there and show him the same door on other side. He can`t argue with that.

sneek
09-23-2006, 02:41 PM
That sucks my honda already has Gen7 accord already has pretty bad orange peel from the factory!

:sadpace:

brwill2005
09-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey Thomas, does your painter work out of a body shop or does he paint on his own?

Thomas Dekany
09-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi Brad - while I haven`t seen the operation personally, I was told that he works out of his own shop.