PDA

View Full Version : RainX vs ??

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_paradigm
09-21-2006, 08:21 PM
i`ve been trying to find the most durable product(s) to use on exterior glass to repel water. i keep coming back to RainX since it seems to last the longest. i`ve tried pretty much all of the sealants and sealant sprays i own (Z-2, Z-6, Z-8, AquaWax, etc).

anyone have recommendations or is it just the way it is? i have nothing against RainX...just looking for alternatives or something better i may not know about.

4point6
09-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Rain-X is the best for me too. Makes my paint and glass be in a contest to see who repels the most water.

imported_CDTGaticaW201
09-21-2006, 08:43 PM
You know...I really like RainX. A lot of people here have expressed bad opinions about it`s application and durability but in all honesty it works beautifully for me. A lot of people around here suggest Aquapel to be a superior alternative though.

Brian_Brice
09-21-2006, 09:12 PM
klasse twins are on my glass, but theres plenty of sealing options available

Sherman8r44
09-21-2006, 09:27 PM
RainX, although very effective and quite durable, sometimes window glare which can be dangerous. So I usually just stick with a good QD on the windows after every wash.

shortspark
09-21-2006, 09:33 PM
I`ve used Duragloss` Rain Repel. It does a good job but no better than RainX really.

Anthony O.
09-21-2006, 10:25 PM
by far the best glass treatment is Aquapel. It`s pricey but well worth it and it works better than RainX and last longer.

Anthony

imported_jaobrien6
09-21-2006, 10:30 PM
by far the best glass treatment is Aquapel. It`s pricey but well worth it and it works better than RainX and last longer.

+1

Aquapel is definitely the longest lasting thing I`ve tried on my windshield. I highly recommend it.

imported_themightytimmah
09-21-2006, 11:36 PM
I like OCW, cause I just reapply like once a month or so when I OCW the whole car. It doesn`t last like RainX though.

imported_Denzil
09-22-2006, 02:36 AM
RainX works fine here. Interested though in how Aquapel works "better" than RainX.

Mobilejay
09-22-2006, 02:45 AM
i like the rainx that is a spray foam. i dont have windshield wipers on my truck so i bought some of the foam and its awesome. i dont know how durable it is cause every week i wash my car and spray my glass cleaner and rainx. water beads off like crazy. i put it on my moms car and i dont use her windshield wipers, they annoy me

imported_02ZTSfocus
09-22-2006, 06:36 AM
I use Aquapel and it is a huge step above rain-x, beading isn`t any different, it is just incredibly more durable. With rain-x anytime I used my wipers they seemed to "scrape" the rain-x off the windshield, but with Aquapel I have actually clay-barred my windows and it still beads like normal. I paid ~$7 for one applications worth which was just enough for my windshield.

Mr_Elusive
09-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Put another one up for Aquapel. Aquapel is WAY better than Rain-x.

mwt
09-22-2006, 06:49 AM
RainX, although very effective and quite durable, sometimes window glare which can be dangerous. So I usually just stick with a good QD on the windows after every wash.

I have been using Rain-X for a long time.

It gets a bad reputation because people do not apply it and most importantly work it into the glass correctly.

You have to buff it with clean towels to get the excess off or it will cause glare and streaking but when done properly it works great.

coupe
09-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Where do you get aquapel?

Is it OTC?