PDA

View Full Version : Need some help w/ removing swirls

NY KID
09-21-2006, 07:45 PM
I`ve been a member for a few years, I don`t post much (usually when I need help), but view threads frequently. I have a `06 BMW M3 in Interlagos blue, this is the first darker car I have had in a few years and I`m getting very fustrated w/ swirl marks. I`ve been using zanio and love the shine and clarity it leaves, but as everyone knows is useless for removing swirls. If I use a polishing compound to remove the swirl marks, then wash w/ dawn, is this good enough to remove all the compound I just applied, or do I have to go further? Also, is there a product that will give me the same results as zaino, but can be used w/ a PC? Last question, I used to use Griots garage products a few years back on my previous M3 and was very happy w/ the results, should I consider switching back? Thanks in advance.

Tachyon
09-21-2006, 09:57 PM
I hear you, brother. BMW`s dark colors are tough to keep swirl free. Try Zaino`s Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleanser Swirl Remover. It`s not a brute, more like a combo of a light cut and finishing polish.

I would say you can go to it without having to use Dawn to remove the old coats. Just give it a good wash and then use the Z-PC with a PC to polish out the swirls. Then go with the new Z-5 Pro for 2 layers and maybe finish off with Z-2.

The Z-5 Pro is so good I`ve stopped using Z-2.

I bet the M3 is a blast! Great color choice.

Good luck.