PDA

View Full Version : carpet vacuum pinstriping

javajaws
09-20-2006, 07:23 PM
I got my car back this afternoon from having some collision damage fixed (done at Berli`s in Austin). Whoever did the interior detailing before they gave me my car back really put in the extra mile when they vacuumed my carpet. I got a full pinstripe treatment on my mats and all the rest of the floor carpeting (think lawn/baseball grass pinstriping if you`ve never seen this done). This was the sweetest detailing detail I`ve ever seen.

Is this something you detailing professionals usually offer? Can`t say I`ve ever seen it done before.

Envious Eric
09-20-2006, 07:49 PM
always done by me

imported_paradigm
09-20-2006, 07:50 PM
i`ve read of two groups on autopia...those that like to leave the "lawn mowing marks" in the carpeting...and those that intentionally brush everything in one direction so it looks brand new rather than "mowed". i like both ways...but tend to not leave the marks.

imported_Grouse
09-20-2006, 08:04 PM
when i was doing carpet in homes it was 50/50 as to peoples prefference.

skitelluride531
09-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I do it in all of my customer`s vehicles. If you don`t mind me asking, what kind of car do you have? I am in Austin as well, and I know Berli`s...they do a lot of the highend cars in Austin :getdown . Very nice shop!

skitelluride531
09-20-2006, 08:49 PM
I do it in all of my customer`s vehicles. If you don`t mind me asking, what kind of car do you have? I am in Austin as well, and I know Berli`s...they do a lot of the highend cars in Austin :getdown - A very nice shop!!!

Envious Eric
09-20-2006, 09:02 PM
I would do it and if they complained, revacuum it how they want....