View Full Version : [NEW] CG Citrus Wash & Gloss

Pages : [1] 2 3

corsa_sport
09-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Has anyone tried it? I`ll be sure to get mine ASAP!!! :getdown

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Premium_Car_Wash_Shampoo_p/cws_301.htm

Sherman8r44
09-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Never even heard of it until yesterday. I don`t really get what its purpose is. It sounds like maybe it`s for use instead of a Dawn wash for stripping wax and starting anew? Certainly not something I would use on a regular basis...but maybe for full details it would be a timesaver? IDK, tell us about it when you get it....

Asonyexec
09-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Think I`ll drive down on my lunch break to buy a small bottle....always up for trying something new.

corsa_sport
09-20-2006, 06:48 PM
The description made me doubt also... I sure wish CG started to put so more simple texts instead of all those long and confusing sentences... :o

But from what I could understand it`s a shampoo that won`t strip any waxes or sealants but will takes all the dirt away from the paint without causing marring :hifive:

I`ll send CG an email asking if they can be a little more specific regarding this product :think2

BTW just take a look at this review on CG website:

Never seen a shampoo perform like this September 18, 2006

Reviewer: JAMES BRITT from LOS ANGELES CA.

With 12 years in the business of professionally detailing some of the

most expensive machines available on the market today, I can honestly

say nothing has ever come close to the quality and results we get from

your products. These vehicles are no small job, at $1200 a detail this

Yellow Beast, was filthy! For us it was a true test of what your Citrus

Hyper Wash could do. Amazing 16oz of product and nearly 30 gallons of

washing solution just to soap it up. This beast was filthy, with fire

residue, grease and dirt. We couldn’t believe that with little or no

scrubbing it rinsed of clean. The shine the product left was

outstanding, the surface had virtually no water spots once dried and we

managed to finish the job in 2 hrs that’s less then 1/3rd the time it

takes with regular wash and wax. I have never seen a shampoo perform

like this. You can count us in for 20 gallons a week. Hats off to you

Guys…http://www.chemicalguys.com/EasyEditor/assets/james.jpg

Sherman8r44
09-20-2006, 06:57 PM
The description made me doubt also... I sure wish CG started to put so more simple texts instead of all those long and confusing sentences... :o

AMEN!! LOL

But from what I could understand it`s a shampoo that won`t strip any waxes or sealants but will takes all the dirt away from the paint without causing marring :hifive:

And that differs from their other washes...how?

I`ll send CG an email asking if they can be a little more specific regarding this product :think2

Good idea. My hunch is that it`s a really strong "truck wash" that will clean large things quickly and easily, but probably strong enough to strip wax.

martinager
09-20-2006, 07:03 PM
If it contains enough citrus acids, my bet is that it will strip wax.

imported_truzoom
09-20-2006, 07:13 PM
I`m not trying to stir things up, but why does it seem like corsa`s CG threads are always promoting the brand?

corsa_sport
09-20-2006, 07:26 PM
lol that`s because I only buy from CG so I`m always wanting to know the thought and opinions from the rest of the guys before I buy a new product from them!

Like my sign says I`m a CGholic :chuckle:

And besides I`m from the other side of the world, I don`t get anything from CG, I pay my products like the rest of you...

ashsarna
09-20-2006, 07:34 PM
My take on this is that it is not as chemically overloaded as other washes (more citrus). It is for washing and will not strip wax if dilution ratio is followed. It will strip wax , as they have mentioned in their writeup, if a stronger dilution is used. Correct me if I am wrong, but this seems to have some gloss properties in it as well like PB SSS?

Would be very interested if it turns out to be safe for use over carnauba/sealants.

gben
09-21-2006, 02:29 AM
I happen to have used CG`s Citrus Crystal Wash this past weekend and I must admit this stuff is truly awesome. :2thumbs: I used appx 1 capfull (small capfulls) to a gallon of water and the suds were never ending. The product is thick and when I added it to the water it looked almost string like on the bottom of the bucket, then came the suds that never stopped. Lubricity would have to rated as extremly high, very gentle on the finish. I haven`t used a lot of high end washes but from what I`ve read here Citrus Crystal has to rate right up there with the best of them.

corsa_sport
09-21-2006, 03:54 AM
I happen to have used CG`s Citrus Crystal Wash this past weekend and I must admit this stuff is truly awesome. :2thumbs: I used appx 1 capfull (small capfulls) to a gallon of water and the suds were never ending. The product is thick and when I added it to the water it looked almost string like on the bottom of the bucket, then came the suds that never stopped. Lubricity would have to rated as extremly high, very gentle on the finish. I haven`t used a lot of high end washes but from what I`ve read here Citrus Crystal has to rate right up there with the best of them.

So can you tell us if it will strip waxes or not?

And does it really leaves the finish spot free like they say on the description?

DM101
09-21-2006, 04:46 AM
Call CG and find out....

awahl63
09-21-2006, 08:58 AM

Does it seem like it leaves anything on the surface?

gben
09-21-2006, 11:37 AM
I used it on 3 different cars this weekend all with sealant used as an lsp and there was no noticeable degrading of the sealant. Citrus Crystal left the finish looking absolutely great. One of the cars I used it on was my 2001 millennium yellow vette and it looked fantastic! This wash is very gentle on the finish but don`t mistake the gentleness for lack of cleaning ability, CG got it right with this wash. I used a appx 1 small capfull to a gallon of water, perhaps using more would strip wax but from my experience it might take a lot more than what I mentioned I had used. And yes it left my finish spot free, it just leaves a very clean great looking finish.

Asonyexec
09-21-2006, 02:11 PM
OK, bought a bottle of this wash yesterday on my lunch break and used it later that evening to wash my car. Worked well, I wouldnt say it was anything mind blowing but it did what it was supposed to and did it very well. It did not strip off any of my wax and did not bleach out any of the rubber trim. All in all I would give this product an "A".

The biggest surprise was how little of the product it took to whip up a batch of wash. I typically use a 5 gal bucket and fill it half way (2.5gal) and used a little less than one ounce to mix up 2.5 gallons, I feel I could have used less of the wash to mix up the batch. The other surprise was the "lubricity" (is that even a word haha) of the product, my wash mitt was just sliding effortlessly right over the entire car as I washed.

I think its concentration would be a big plus to those who detail for a living as this stuff is reasonably priced and very concentrated - a little goes a longggggg way.