PDA

View Full Version : every wednesdays at meguiars corporate?

gopedhead
09-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Who from here goes every wednesday? i looked into it today and i think it`s pretty awsome. i`m going to go but wanted to knwo if everyoen that attends has a chance to work on their cars? i`ll be there tomororw w/ my 2006 civic si and wanted to definately buff of this bird poop etching. will i have a chance? or will there be too many people? it seems from pics that they only have a two car garage.

thanks.

LastDetail
09-20-2006, 01:59 AM
where does this whole thing take place?

gopedhead
09-20-2006, 11:18 AM
at corporate meguiars, in irvine ca. i think they have a few spots left.

Setec Astronomy
09-20-2006, 11:31 AM
It looks like they limit attendance to about 20 people and make no guarantee that everyone will be able to work on their car since they only have 2 bays. The only Autopian that I know of who is frequently there is "the other PC", but I`m certain there are others.

gopedhead
09-20-2006, 12:02 PM
for this wednesday the space is limit to 15, half if not more will be running late. i know i`ll be there at 5, but like u said, i wanted to know if i`ll acctually have a chance to work on my car, if not, i suppose i`ll sit back and learn.

the other pc
09-20-2006, 12:11 PM
I`ll be there tonight.

Every week is a bit different, it just depends on who shows up and how much everybody has to do.

The idea is to share the space, give everybody a chance to try stuff out, products, techniques, tools and let you figure out whatever you need to do the whole job when you get home. If the crowd`s small and nobody`s waiting for a slot you can work all you want. On a light night I`ve seen guys spend hours on their car and not even stop for pizza. Most nights you work for a while and then give somebody else a chance.

They have two main bays and can usually (but not always) open up a third. Plus, as long as there`s light out you can pull up in front of the bays and work in the driveway. They have a roll-out awning for when the sun is strong.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2600_8_30_06OG001.JPG

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2700_CCatOG003.jpg

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2600_OGJune28_004.jpg

I mostly go to hang out. Some guys play poker once a week. I like to wax cars and shoot the breeze with gearheads. I`ll bring something to work on but I don`t really care if I get to or not. I can work at home. It`s fun to check out everybody else`s cars and pitch in if somebody needs a hand. Since it`s an "On the Pulse" night they`ll probably have some videos going on the big screen.

I`m sure you`ll be able to work on your bird bomb.

See`ya there

PC.

Oxygen
09-20-2006, 03:41 PM
sounds like a nice place to be tonight.

Oxygen
09-20-2006, 03:44 PM
i wonder if i can just show up without signing up, and just register there up front. just to kick back and extend assistance to who ever needs one.

Setec Astronomy
09-20-2006, 05:01 PM
No, you have to be a member of Meguiar`s Online, and have to sign up in advance (they limit attendance).

sneek
09-20-2006, 05:05 PM
I wish I could go !