PDA

View Full Version : Polish for Stainless Steel Headers

imported_luv2buff
09-19-2006, 08:05 PM
I want to polish my stainless header pipes. I have tried Neverdull but I think I need a creme based polish to trmove some stains and get the mirror finish back. I have heard of Flitz but I`m wondering what you all have had good reults with. thanks

Deanski
09-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Flitz works very well. If you have big-time stains, you may need Wendol Red which has more cutting and ammonia for cleaning.

Deanski

imported_Totoland Mach
09-20-2006, 06:25 AM
I used #0000 on all my exhaust tubing along with a product I found at the local Hardware store called Tar-Nite. It`s a liquid stainless polish (very strong ammonia smell). I applied the Tar-Nite to the steel wool pad and buffed. Did a great job and removed stains, etc. Then I finished it off with Wenol Blue and a cotton buffing wheel.

Here`s a pic after the polishing:

http://www.mach1registry.org/photopost/data/500/890SLP_Installed1-med.jpg

Totoland Mach

coupe
09-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Mother power ball mini!!!!!

I am starting a thread with pics on how awsome this little bugger is.

Way2SSlow
09-20-2006, 08:18 AM
I`ve used Calyx on my uncoated headers and it looks very nice.

imported_luv2buff
09-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Totoland Mach your exhaust looks amazing!

It looks like the Wenol red and blue products are on my purchase list. Who carries this stuff? Home Depot?

Coupe, let us know how the powerball works for you and what polish you end up using.

Thanks

coupe
09-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Totoland Mach your exhaust looks amazing!

It looks like the Wenol red and blue products are on my purchase list. Who carries this stuff? Home Depot?

Coupe, let us know how the powerball works for you and what polish you end up using.

Thanks

I have already used it on my polished aluminum rims. I didnt get any pics of B&A. Im doing my girls next and are also polished aluminum, im doing pics for sure!

I used mothers powermetal polish for aluminum.

imported_Lightman
09-20-2006, 09:56 AM
I`ve found that klasse AIO works surprisingly well on metal. I typically use my powerball mini.