PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Swirlbuster Polish and Zaino

Ryan314
09-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Well I really want to try the new Sonus Swirlbuster polish and the Swirlbuster pad. My question is, would I be able to use the Swirlbuster Polish first, then after apply my Z5 and Z2 without a problem? Or would this not be a good idea? And would the Swirlbuster polish replace the need to use Z5?

Thanks,

Ryan.

wannafbody
09-19-2006, 03:00 PM
swirlbuster is probably ok to use since it`s acryllic based. The problem is that I don`t believe that it contains any cleaners. IMO ZPC for cleaning the paint and defect removal and then using Z5pro as a base would probably result in a better, more durable finish.

Ryan314
09-19-2006, 03:08 PM
I have ZPC, I just don`t really like it all too much. It works alright and I`ve always had a problem wiping it off... that`s why I want to give the Swirlbuster a go. I want to find another first step product that I can still use my Z2/Z5 with.

TGates
09-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Actually the Swirlbuster polish is based off one of the SFX polishes ( I believe #2) and it is abrasive. I`m not sure how well Zaino would bond over top as it does leave acrylic protection behind. I would probably go with either SG or AJ over top, or just skip the sealant and go with a carnauba. You would not want to use Swirlbuster over a sealant or carnauba because it will remove it.

wannafbody
09-19-2006, 05:33 PM
I have ZPC, I just don`t really like it all too much. It works alright and I`ve always had a problem wiping it off... that`s why I want to give the Swirlbuster a go. I want to find another first step product that I can still use my Z2/Z5 with.

sounds as if you might be using to much product and not working it long enough. When i use ZPC with a RO I place roughly 10 small dots of product on the pad(LC orange or Megs polishing pad) and spread it out and work it until it goes clear. You can also squirt some water on the panel to help spread the product. Try using less and see if you get better results. If not happy with the ZPC, swirlbuster is probably the next best product to try.

imported_memnuts
09-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Many members here use AIO and the Werkstatt cleansers (Prime and Prime Strong) as a base for Zaino with excellent results. All of these products are acrylic based. You should not have any problem applying Z5PRO over the Sonus product which also contains acrylic-based fillers.