PDA

View Full Version : is this how pc 7336 sound like?

idwib
09-19-2006, 12:27 PM
I just got pc7336 and the noise is louder than what I thought.

so I was just wondering if there is something wrong with it..

http://s11.quicksharing.com/v/102156/7336.mp3.html

(click `download file` on top left corner)

thank you.

imported_jaobrien6
09-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Sounds fine to me. I, too, was surprised at how loud the PC is when I first got mine.

TigerMike
09-19-2006, 12:50 PM
It`s exactly how mine sounds, so I`d say it`s running purrr-fect!

Regards,

Mike

idwib
09-19-2006, 01:36 PM
then i think i am kinda screwed here..

I get power outlet from my unit (on second floor of an apartment)

and work right beside the building.. and there is another apartment right next to this apartment..

so I am kinda working inbetween two apartments..

and I just tried and think its bit too loud.. it`s fine up to like 3(speed of PC)

but above 3 is too loud...

damn guess i should find place for this work. T.T

is there any place where I can go and do this work? (in canada..)

lol i am screwed!!

imported_Yal
09-19-2006, 01:52 PM
You could ask them if they mind and tell them how long you will be :think2

idwib
09-19-2006, 02:05 PM
lol its an apartment.. guess how many people are there inside with windows opened..

and two apartments.. even worse..

do you guys know if regular parks have power outlets? for some reason?

AL-53
09-19-2006, 02:23 PM
you can try the new PC muffler by PC tech...

just kidding no muffler....but the PC is a loud machine..and you could try it at your Apt. and see if anybody complains..it is not like you will be using it every day..or maybe ask the landlord if there is a area where you could do this with his power...slip him 5-10 bucks for usage...

AL

imported_Yal
09-19-2006, 03:07 PM
lol its an apartment.. guess how many people are there inside with windows opened..

and two apartments.. even worse..

do you guys know if regular parks have power outlets? for some reason?

oH you mean two apartment buildings, I thought you just meant two apartments thats it. Yeah either go for it and see if someone complains as suggested above or get a really realy long power cord, or trade it in for a cyclo which based on post seems to be quieter :nixweiss

imported_Padron
09-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Get a power inverter ( plugs into cigarette lighter ) for the car and drive it to a quiter / louder place that the noise won`t bother anyone?

Just a thought...

CleanGSR
09-19-2006, 03:49 PM
I`d do exactly what padron said. Or just get a huge extension cord and park in the back of the parking lot.

imported_jaobrien6
09-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Get a power inverter ( plugs into cigarette lighter ) for the car and drive it to a quiter / louder place that the noise won`t bother anyone?

Just a thought...

If you`re going to do this, you need to be able to power it, and you probably can`t.

The PC pulls 3.7 amps, or 426 watts (at 115v). Let`s say you have an inverter that`s 90% efficient, that`s 473 watts that the inverter will need to pull in. Most DC outlets in a car are only rated at 100 to 150 watts, from what I`ve seen. Even if you had an outlet that could supply that much power, you would need to pull about 40 amps at 12 volts from your alternator... most stock alternators can`t provide that much continous power...

Running a PC off a stock electrical system in a car with an inverter is pretty tall task.