PDA

View Full Version : Costco Microfiber WW towles

wtbarry
09-19-2006, 11:51 AM
I was recently in Costco and saw some WW microfiber towels (4pack or 6pack for <$20 - dont remember exact price). Hadn`t seen them there before. I have used their plush MF products in the past for a variety of uses and haven`t had many problems.

The WW MF towels are made of 100% Polyester. I had previously read that you wanted a 70/30 mix (idealy) with polyamide. These towels seemed a bit stiff but hadn`t been washed.

Has anyone used these towels? Do they get softer? Problems with marring paint? Swirls? Good absorbancy? Any info would be great.

Yes, I have searched the forums and read a couple dozen posts on Costco brand MF towels, but many of these posts were discussing other products primarily. Thanks in advance for the input.

racingbeat
09-19-2006, 12:00 PM
only problem is that you have to go to Costco. Too many people, Everyone smashing into you with those huge karts, check out lines that rival WalMart, and they only take debit or Amex.

Help out the little guy shop from the online vendors. I get my MF towels with Silk binding from either Poorboysworld.com or Detailcity.com, 12 pack for about $50.

wannafbody
09-19-2006, 02:27 PM
I got some of the blend costco WW`s and thought they were hard and weren`t very absorbent. The white Hometec WW`s in the housewares department at Walamart are pretty nice.

imported_Padron
09-19-2006, 03:53 PM
only problem is that you have to go to Costco. Too many people, Everyone smashing into you with those huge karts, check out lines that rival WalMart, and they only take debit or Amex.

Help out the little guy shop from the online vendors. I get my MF towels with Silk binding from either Poorboysworld.com or Detailcity.com, 12 pack for about $50.

Costco Rules :getdown

The money I save there actually gives me more money to spend on car stuff.... Oh, and they take good old Cash.....

mikebai1990
09-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Wait, are you sure that they were waffleweave microfiber towels? Or just the regular yellow microfiber towels?

road7
09-19-2006, 05:40 PM
I thought they only had the regular yellow ones too. I will have to look the next time I go

qadsan
09-19-2006, 05:56 PM
I too have only seen the yellow ones there and I like them. They pass the CD scratch test for me and I mainly use them for QEW`s because they show particulates / contaminants very well as opposed to darker colored towels. It`s certainly not the best MF I`ve used, but it`s good enough for most of my needs and the price is good. I`ve found that the best time to shop at my local Costco is just before they`re closing. It`s not usually crowded and I can quickly get what I need. They want customers out of the store in a hurry and will open as many checkstands as possible to clear the store. I shop there anyway for other items, so picking up an extra pack of MF`s every so often is very quick. I`m always in and out of Costco very quickly.

imported_hooked
09-19-2006, 06:52 PM
I believe the Waffle Weaves mentioned above are at Walmart, not Costco.

wtbarry
09-25-2006, 03:17 PM
The towels that I mentioned initially were not Walmart and they are WW according to the packaging. The first time I saw them was only a couple of days prior to my initial post so I do not know how long they have been carried by Costco or how widely distributed they can be found. These were located at the end of an isle in that also contained bath towels, sheets, etc. Maybe they started carrying a new product?

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Jordan@DD
09-25-2006, 03:26 PM
I looked for them when I was there but no luck. Like wtbarry said, they are located in the to bath towel and sheet section.

wtbarry
09-26-2006, 12:28 PM
A little more info for those that are interested. Was back in Costco yesterday and picked up a bundle of these WW towels. Haven`t had a chance to use them yet...

10 pack of towels - Eurow brand (Eurow & O`Reilly corp). Multi color pack. Wasn`t able to find the exact same product at costco.com or at the manufacturer`s website. The manufacturer carries a variety of auto detailing supplies. Was going to attempt to put pics in this post.

Towels are thin and aren`t very soft when brand new. Have put them through the wash once and they became much softer. Probably need another wash or two before use.

I was still wondering if anyone would care to comment on 100% polyester vs. 70/30 polyamide blend?

joyriiide1113
09-26-2006, 12:48 PM
I`m gonna check out Costco this week. I don`t plan on using them for my paint, but for glass and wheels, it will make drying a lot easier. Along with streak-free glass cleaning

PhaRO
09-26-2006, 03:56 PM
I bought the 10 pack a couple months ago. They were in the section with bath and kitchen towels.