PDA

View Full Version : zymol

Pages : [1] 2 3

slippy
09-19-2006, 09:41 AM
I have just been on Meguiars online,there was some 16 year old *****,trying to wind everyone up buy saying that Zymol is superior to everything else,and that the people who don`t use it ,can`t afford it.Dear oh dear :rolleyes:

imported_Dave KG
09-19-2006, 09:50 AM
There are some excellent products in the Zymol range, and the more I use them the more I like them, but to say that they are the be all and end all of detailing would be a gorss innaccuracy... For a start, there`s no swirl removers in the range and we all know tat 90-95% of the finish comes from the prep stages.

However, the more I use the Zymol LSPs, the more I realise just how good they are. I know they are expensive, but out of all the LSPs I have tried the best for looks has been Zymol Destiny, allowing a sort of neon glow from the paint and the deepest glossiest finish I have seen. Pinnacle Souveran is indeed close to this, but its durability is very poor in comparison to the Destiny I find. Its for this reason I have started doing a few of my details with Destiny as the LSP, because I haven`t found a better LSP for finish and it also has very good durability as well.

Mikeyc
09-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Very well put Dave! I couldn`t agree more with what you are saying. I`m a big supporter of Zymol LSPs as I`ve used several of them and been nothing but EXTREMELY pleased every time. However, to say that all other products are not good is ridiculous. There are a lot of great products that give you excellent results from Sonus to Poorboy`s to Menzerna and 100 others. Unfortunately though Zymol does get kind of talked about poorly by many detailers solely based on the high price.

Personally, I never ever trust the opinion of someone on a detailing board who says that one product is the best and all others are garbage. Saying something is your favorite is one thing, but saying all other products are bad in comparison is completely ridiculous. I usually just ignore people like that.

slippy
09-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah Dave KG,i agree about there not being any products in the range for defect removal,i used Zymol for over 8 years,for a Bentley dealer(used Destiny and Vintage exclusively),and on my own car also,but i find there to be only a very small `visual` difference between the hand crafted waxes and the estate glazes,and for that reason i don`t think i could justify spending £486 for a tub of destiny,when i could get a tub of carbon for £42.

imported_Dave KG
09-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Personally, I never ever trust the opinion of someone on a detailing board who says that one product is the best and all others are garbage. Saying something is your favorite is one thing, but saying all other products are bad in comparison is completely ridiculous. I usually just ignore people like that.

Neither do I... I try out new products all the time, in my quest after the holy grail of the ultimate finish, some products I try out for the first time and I think "nah, that wasn`t all that great...". But, for the most part this is because I haven`t learned the product properly, and further practice and perserverence reveals that the products is indeed very good... I always perservere with products and 99/100 times I get results that I am happy with. I think sometimes, not fully lerarning a product can contribute to a lot of negativity that is discussed on forums about certain things. A prime example for me was Farecla G3. First tried it by rotary, splattered everywhere and it was hologram city. But perservered and realised my first efforts were a results of way too much water - less water more regularly and I got an LSP ready finish and minimal splatter from the G3. An excellent product but on first impressions may well have been tempted to say G3 is rubbish when it clearly isn`t, if that makes any sense? Lots of products have learning curves with them, its just a case of climbing that to get the best from them. :)

Mikeyc
09-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Neither do I... I try out new products all the time, in my quest after the holy grail of the ultimate finish, some products I try out for the first time and I think "nah, that wasn`t all that great...". But, for the most part this is because I haven`t learned the product properly, and further practice and perserverence reveals that the products is indeed very good... I always perservere with products and 99/100 times I get results that I am happy with. I think sometimes, not fully lerarning a product can contribute to a lot of negativity that is discussed on forums about certain things. A prime example for me was Farecla G3. First tried it by rotary, splattered everywhere and it was hologram city. But perservered and realised my first efforts were a results of way too much water - less water more regularly and I got an LSP ready finish and minimal splatter from the G3. An excellent product but on first impressions may well have been tempted to say G3 is rubbish when it clearly isn`t, if that makes any sense? Lots of products have learning curves with them, its just a case of climbing that to get the best from them. :)

Dave,

You and I are on the same wave length! Again, I completely agree with you. I try new detailing products all the time. In fact, I have the whole Pinnacle XMT line on the way to me right now! Also, I recently had a similar experience to your G3 woes with DP Interior Surface Protectant. I applied it using my usual techniques and it looked great. At least until the next day when I noticed all kinds of streaks and blotches. After a lot of experimentation I found that if I buffed out the product a little more and used a slightly more plush towel to do it then I got the results I was looking for.

Also, I can`t find that MOL thread where someone is saying Zymol is the best. I did find a few threads mentioning Zymol, but no one was being obnoxious or touting it as the be all and end all.

Accumulator
09-19-2006, 10:29 AM

Yep, like Dave KG I too just :rolleyes: and blow off people like that. Well, unless I`m in the mood to burst* their bubble, which I try to resist.

Though, heh heh, the notion of somebody posting that over at MOL makes me :chuckle: a bit, as some over there are prone to saying the same sort of thing about Meguiar`s products.

*Gee, I wanted to say "pr!ck their bubble" but it got auto-edited...dirty-minded software.

Mikeyc
09-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Yep, like Dave KG I too just :rolleyes: and blow off people like that. Well, unless I`m in the mood to burst* their bubble, which I try to resist.

Though, heh heh, the notion of somebody posting that over at MOL makes me :chuckle: a bit, as some over there are prone to saying the same sort of thing about Meguiar`s products.

*Gee, I wanted to say "pr!ck their bubble" but it got auto-edited...dirty-minded software.

Haha! Yeah there are people all over the internet who are over zealous about one brand or another. :o Personally, I must use at least 5 or 6 different brands of product on every car I detail and IMO their all great in their own way. I rarely come across a product that I would call "bad."

imported_Dave KG
09-19-2006, 10:36 AM

Funny you should mention that, as one of the responses I got to one of my Zymol details which I posted on MOL was "did the owner consider a Meguiars LSP at all?". Now, for every detail I go to, I carry all of my LSPs, and discuss them all and let the owner choose. If necessary to help the choice, I do small test spots of various LSPs and let them compare the finish and then choose. :)

Mikeyc, I recently tried out the Pinnacle XMT range, its very good. The Finish Glaze is my favourite out of all of them, its just so easy to use it feels like cheating, and the reuslts I really like. Topped with Souveran and its spot on the number IMO. I also liked the Advanced Finishing Polish from Pinnacle, seemed to leave a lovely wet shine.

Mikeyc
09-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Mikeyc, I recently tried out the Pinnacle XMT range, its very good. The Finish Glaze is my favourite out of all of them, its just so easy to use it feels like cheating, and the reuslts I really like. Topped with Souveran and its spot on the number IMO. I also liked the Advanced Finishing Polish from Pinnacle, seemed to leave a lovely wet shine.

Thanks for the feedback Dave! I`m even more excited for it`s arrival now. I`m currently out of Soveran though. I`m planning on trying to put some Zymol or DP Max Wax over it depending on the car I`m detailing.

imported_Dave KG
09-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Haha! Yeah there are people all over the internet who are over zealous about one brand or another. :o Personally, I must use at least 5 or 6 different brands of product on every car I detail and IMO their all great in their own way. I rarely come across a product that I would call "bad."

Yep, in my collection of products at the moment are products from: Meguiars, Menzerna, Zymol, Pinnacle, 1Z, Autoglym, Clearkote, Poorboys, Chemical Guys, Stoner, Klasse, Farecla and samples from Prima which I`m trying out too... I enjoy testing out new products in honesty, detailing is my hobby and relaxation.

When I do find products I really like, eg Meguiars #84, #83, #80, #7, #3, I but them in big sizes and the remain a staple part of the collection. Same goes for all the Menzerna polishes with me, and the Pinnacle finishing polishes and waxes. :2thumbs:

imported_Dave KG
09-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback Dave! I`m even more excited for it`s arrival now. I`m currently out of Soveran though. I`m planning on trying to put some Zymol or DP Max Wax over it depending on the car I`m detailing.

Max Wax I really like - have seen some negative feedback about this on a couple of other forums, but I find in terms of finish, it falls between Signature and Souveran - both of which are right up there in my list of favourite LSPs.

Mikeyc
09-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Max Wax I really like - have seen some negative feedback about this on a couple of other forums, but I find in terms of finish, it falls between Signature and Souveran - both of which are right up there in my list of favourite LSPs.

Really? I can`t imagine anyone being negative about Max Wax. It gives a nice warm, wet, deeply reflective carnauba shine and it`s very use to apply & remove. It`s also fairly durable for a wax. So, I`m not sure what complaints people could have about it.

I also have many, many different brands in my collection like . . .

Menzerna, Poorboy`s, Pinnacle, Pinnacle XMT (coming soon!), Zymol, Stoner`s, Wolfgang, DP, Meguiar`s, Mother`s, Optimum, Eimann Fabrik, Eagle One, and many many many others. My collection seems to be constantly growing.

slippy
09-19-2006, 12:41 PM
That Zymol thread on Meguiars online,was `moved` after several replies,my account was disabled so i couldn`t reply anymore,and i can`t find it now either :nixweiss

DM101
09-19-2006, 01:05 PM
I have tried Zymol Japon and Concours. They are good waxes for some. But "MY" car has a love for PIN. Sov....Why I don`t know. It just works better for me...And I know Zymol works better for others.