PDA

View Full Version : how to re-attach badges?

ChevyLovers
09-19-2006, 06:46 AM
anyone have any advice on how to re-attach badges/emblems? double-sided tape maybe? and i just trim around the edges?

BobD
09-19-2006, 06:47 AM
anyone have any advice on how to re-attach badges/emblems? double-sided tape maybe? and i just trim around the edges?

That`s about it. Make sure you geta GOOD double sided tape though.

jnmttu
09-19-2006, 07:25 AM
AutoZone and most auto parts stores sell a double-sided tape specifically for emblems. I used it 3 years ago to reattach an emblem and it has stayed put no problem. Just make sure the surface you are sticking it to is good and clean.

ChevyLovers
09-19-2006, 08:01 AM
thanks guys.

AL-53
09-19-2006, 08:44 AM
best tape for re attaching emblems is the 3M tape...they have many types ..some have differents types of adhesives....but you have to make sure both surfaces are very clean and wax free and oil free...use a solvent like prep sol to clean surfaces....

get it right the first time..as you usally do not have a second chance they stick good..

their best tape is the VHB series..it is a acrylic foam and adhesive...I used this tape to apply my bed rail protector caps on with..it has been 3 years and they are holding up great...no bond release..

Al