PDA

View Full Version : ANyone nkow a way around the new windows XP validation patch??

DETAILKING
09-18-2006, 02:35 PM
I guess now you can`t do any updates if your version of windows is not authentic. It forces you to download this validation patch, and won`t support or let you update anything if your version doesn`t pan out.

One of my machines I bought about 2 yrs ago off someone, and I had no problems updating till now....ugh. I even have the installation XP disks he gave me with the computer but I guess the code is not valid anymore.

Mark McGuire
09-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Yea, mine is about 3 or 4 years old. Did clean installs for years with no problem, now it says its an illegal copy. :nixweiss

SpoiledMan
09-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Just another reason why I buy my computers from the company with the fruit logo.:D

tustah
09-18-2006, 07:11 PM
When you are entering the serial, there`s an option to do it by phone. If your copy is a real cd, there shouldn`t be any problems with them providing a serial for you or giving you a code that validates it.

martinager
09-18-2006, 10:04 PM
call them by phone. have your serial and certificate of authenticity ready. at the A+ shop, we deal with microhell everyday on this issue.

this automated program tried to charge some students for counterfeit copies once, and they had official documentation. they then launched a lawsuit on microsoft. they won to my knowledge.

DETAILKING
09-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Yeah, the problem is since I purchased this from someone I don`t even know if it`s "really" valid and don`t want to find out!!!!