PDA

View Full Version : Zaino ZFX

LouisanaJeeper
09-18-2006, 01:28 AM
how long is this zfx stuff supposed to last (unopened bottle)

I had not used zaino in like 12-18 months and when i got to my bottle of zfx (unopened and 1/2 used bottle) both had turned to soild blue bricks. I guess i am out the $$. the z2 bottles held up OK though and applied ok also.

what is the best product in the zaino lineup now? like i said, i have not bought this stuff in almost 2 yrs

Eliot Ness
09-18-2006, 01:47 AM
The Zaino website says (about ZFX): "For optimum results, keep tightly capped, avoiding moisture. Use before 18 months."

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=FAQ&Store_Code=Z#anchor37124

The best sealants they now offer are Z-2 Pro and Z-5 Pro.

imported_memnuts
09-18-2006, 05:56 AM
If your ZFX is less than 18 months old and you purchased from Zaino direct or from an authorized distributor, just contact your source and it will be replaced for free.

The new version of ZFX has an improved anti-gel agent that will prevent this problem thoughout the its shelf-life. :xyxthumbs

Dan
09-18-2006, 08:03 AM
I still have one bottle of the old Z2 left, kinda glad, this mixing stuff seems to be a PITA. Sal needs to work on some sort of srynge setup (ala epoxy) to make this Z2+ZFX less of a bother. Does everyone use ZFX everytime? Or just for the first layer?

imported_memnuts
09-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Every time, well 9 out of 10 times. Not a problem. No more than mixing sugar and cream in my coffee every morning. :D

Take note DavidB, the mixing of the Booster item maybe too much hassle for many even with the advantage it may present. :nixweiss

slippy
09-18-2006, 03:43 PM
When i was using Zaino,i used ZFX for the first 3 layers,and then used it again after 10 applications had been made.