PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Zymol Royale

metropolitandet
09-17-2006, 01:46 PM
At my shop we do lots of super high end auto detailing, and with free refills, it may be a good investment if I can charge enough for the upgrade? Has anyone tried this product? Does anyone sell this in their restoration/detail shop?

lbls1
09-17-2006, 09:44 PM
I have not tried it yet, but if some of the other Zymol waxes are an indication in terms of performance, I`d say go for it. If you use the wax in your business frequently, then I`d say in time it would pay for itself. But based on my experience with Vintage and some of the other EGZymols, although their asking prices are crazy, Zymol products deliver.

imported_Grouse
09-18-2006, 11:11 AM
FWIIW i believe it is lifetime refills once a year. So you would still need to charge accordingly for the wax, as it` has a finite amount over the course of a year.

I know a couple of shops use the vintage, and alantique, but not the royale.

CalgaryDetail
09-18-2006, 12:26 PM
i contacted zymol a while back and asked if it was really once a year for refils and this is just a rumor. I was told that as soon as it is empty you send them back the container and they clean it out and fill it up, they said you could do it as many times as you pleased. The only stipulation is you pay shippping everytime it is sent there and back so depending on were you live shipping could be expensive. I am aslo looking at getting it, send zymol and e-mail for more info and they will help you out.

-mike

imported_Grouse
09-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Interesting, Thanks I will contact them. I am thinking of picking up the vintage.

CalgaryDetail
09-18-2006, 05:54 PM
as am i lol, i finnaly have the funds to do it, i have set up another thread on the value of the wax in comparision of upselling, and its use as a marketing tool. You might want to check it out, might give you some ideas (and hopefully me)Good luck with the descion and let me kow if you get it, ill be asking some questions lol :eek:

harvey
09-18-2006, 06:01 PM
I hope you guy know that Zymol has not staying power. Look nice but not last at all.

Mikeyc
09-18-2006, 06:09 PM
I hope you guy know that Zymol has not staying power. Look nice but not last at all.

In my experience I get at least 6 weeks out of one coat. However, I rarely leave my car alone long enough to see if it lasts any longer than that. Besides, I use Zymol for the look not for it`s durability. There are many, many people out there like me for whom durability is not at the top of their list of concerns.

If you`re trying to sell your services to people who buy exotic or rare cars then they won`t care about durability either.

harvey
09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Have you seen the guru reports- According to them the wax is not that great as a wax. I have seen car`s finished Zymot with myself. Maybe the 50-60, if you have money to burn, but several hundred dollars - no way.

I just do not see it. I owe a 2004 Porche and 2006 Cayanne and a 2006 E350, so I would want the best. This just is not the best. You can buy far better for much less. The guys who package this stuff are great salemen, not great chemists.

It is your money and your call. Just think carefully- how can any wax be worth the kind of money they want?

Mikeyc
09-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Have you seen the guru reports- According to them the wax is not that great as a wax. I have seen car`s finished Zymot with myself. Maybe the 50-60, if you have money to burn, but several hundred dollars - no way.

I just do not see it. I owe a 2004 Porche and 2006 Cayanne and a 2006 E350, so I would want the best. This just is not the best. You can buy far better for much less. The guys who package this stuff are great salemen, not great chemists.

It is your money and your call. Just think carefully- how can any wax be worth the kind of money they want?

I read the Guru report on waxes a while back. The one thing I remember about it was that I didn`t agree what so ever with several of the basic premises of their test. Here`s the thing . . . everyone is looking for something different in an LSP. The test if I recall used categories like durability which is meaningless to some people or looks which is completely subjective and therefore will vary from person to person.

The bottom line is the only way you`ll know if you like an LSP or not is to use it. Now in the case of Zymol that can be a significant investment. Personally, I would never pay $1000 for wax even if it does come with lifetime refills at least at my current income level but there are cheaper Zymols which are almost as good IMO.

To even infer that the people at Zymol don`t know what they`re doing when it comes to making a wax I think is pure ridiculousness. They make the best waxes around IMO and they have many, many customers who would agree several of which are holding trophies from Pebble Beach.

lbls1
09-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Please don`t get me started on those guys. They do wax testing with little 1`-0 x1`-0 swatches......very believable testing conditions!!! I have used the two top rated lsp`s in their test before......needless to say that was prior to trying Zymol. Don`t get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for those lsp`s (one of which is my daily favorite, and the other synthetic I won`t bother to mention the brand).

Given the same prep conditions and paint, it would almost be ridiculous to compare those brands to any of the Estate Glazes. LSPs in the sub $100 category should be compared with a comparable Hand Crafted Zymol (even with the HC`s, it may prove difficult in matching the Zymol`s performance) that has a similar wax make-up and retail. If the mega buck Zymols destroys the likes of those lsps mentioned, then that would not be surprising at all, since they carry the ransom of all the Kings` Horses and yada.

To cut it short, my old adage remains, which states that you have to go beyond heresay and popular notions and rumors and try out products firsthand so as to see and experience the results for yourself.

However, published tests and internet opinions do have their place in society....it makes for very good comic strip material.....lol!

BTW: I`ve used Zymols for several years, and the rumor of it`s finish not lasting long is entirely false.

ashsarna
09-19-2006, 07:53 AM
This is another that is converted. I had been using souveran as my goto carnauba, and since getting my hands on Councours, Destiny (will be receiving some 4oz Atlantique and Vintage) Zymol has really taken my dark colors to another level.

Another pet peeve is durability. I really hate the durability reason others throw around whenever trying to say why their choice is the absolute best - I am going to generalize (and probably upset some) but imo most enthusiasts do not care about durability as they frequently work on their cars, they care about LOOKS. Infact carnaubas are better protection than sealants against bird droppings acid rain ect imo. I do use sealants in the winter (snow and the lack of opportunity for good weather) but even then I do use, and successfully, carnaubas on my garage queen.

I say go for it if you have the capital. Afluent wealthy areas with exotic car owners want to stand out of the crowd and show their prize possessions - having something unique like the Estate Glazes will only compliment/enhance their car`s looks and uniqueness.