PDA

View Full Version : question about my claybar job

yoojeankim
09-17-2006, 12:51 AM
so i was doing claybar on my friends car today... i was wondering if this was okay...

so as i lube the area and claybar it... id do the rest of the car without whiping it off. till i was finished then i would rinse the car with a hose afterwards... is it that fine? or should i be wiping all that stuff off in sections?

Spali32
09-17-2006, 01:29 AM
I think it would be personal choice to wipe it immediately or later. I definitely wouldn`t recommend using the clay bar in the direct sunlight. How do you like the new slick feel after you got done with clay barring?? Pretty smooth eh?? Clay barring is the bomb. Alot of elbow grease but well worth it in the end.

mblgjr
09-17-2006, 01:41 AM
So long as you`re not in the direct sun, theres really not anything wrong with how you did it.

I prefer to work in sections, and wipe off. This generally keeps me from rinsing the car again and lets me go to my next step faster.

abbeysdad
09-17-2006, 01:52 AM
You can do it ether way, but I find if you do the whole vehicle, even in shade, there is enough spot drying that you really need another wash `n dry. In the end this can be faster than the wipe down as you go method.

yoojeankim
09-17-2006, 04:38 AM
cool thanks guys, i did it in the garage ! and it was nice and cool today.

OH and im in love with claybar now haha, its amazing what it does!!

Mach30SiR
09-17-2006, 11:50 AM
I do it while i`m washing - saves so much time, and dont have to fuss with `clay lube`

gopedhead
09-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I do it while i`m washing - saves so much time, and dont have to fuss with `clay lube`

dont u have to make sure you keep the car wet? so the water doest dry adn form water spots?

Envious Eric
09-17-2006, 08:35 PM
IMO its the same as drying car soap on the car....so just rewash and you should be fine....

but if you are doing a heavy clay job, and you can see the calcium residue from waterspots and dirt in the run off, then at least rinse immediately as you dont want that to embed itself again by chance

gopedhead
09-18-2006, 12:11 PM
but like u said, i tdoesn`t take twenty minutes or so for the depostis to embed themselves. doesn`t ti take a week or so in the sun usually for water spots to etch the paint>