PDA

View Full Version : z5 over OHC? help!

idwib
09-16-2006, 01:48 PM
hello everyone

here is the background..

I am planning to order PC7336 from eshine. (yes i live in canada!)

along with some pads..

I will also order OHC... seems this product had been one of favorite compounds to be used with PC among autopians..

the question is.. whether or not if I have to order OP as well...

I want to finish my car with zaino series anyways.. but the thing is I am just not sure if z5 is capable of removing haze (if any) caused during OHC process (mor likely since I am newbie with PCs..)

another question will be.. how should I deal with optimum + zaino combination?

wash after optimum? just apply zaino on top?

help!! ppl

thx and happy detailing!

Bigpoppa3346
09-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes, you will have to order Optimum Polish as well, as OHC does leave a lot of hazing, in my experience. Z-5 doesn`t have any ability to remove compounding haze, as it is non abrasive and has no cleaners. Use Z-6 after finishing with OP, then use Zaino.

idwib
09-16-2006, 03:03 PM
thank you thank you!!

wannafbody
09-16-2006, 03:04 PM
you would need to follow OHC with either OP, ZPC or another final finishing polish- remember4 to do a 50A/50W wipedown after using OHC and OP

idwib
09-16-2006, 03:32 PM
whats that 50a/50w wipe down.. i suppose... those letters stand for alcohol and water respectively? lol

ive got another question.. eshine carrys Lake country pads.. and I am just wondering how many pads i would need to get those work done (OHC -> OP in one day. 3~4 zaino application on next day.. ) I am thinking of getting 3~4 pads.. for the first..

1. i am guessing orange and white are essential for polishing.. do I really need black (grey) then? what combination would be the best?

2. does buffing bonnets worth money? is it just for buffing wax/seleant?

3. pads could be washed and dryed for next day usage.. correct?

hoo... questions..anyways

thank you everyone!!

wannafbody
09-16-2006, 05:31 PM
the orange is a nice light cutting pad- get 2 of those and get a couple lighter polishing pads. apply Zaino by hand

idwib
09-16-2006, 05:36 PM
so what was 50a/50w wipe down? and whats it for?

Bigpoppa3346
09-16-2006, 06:23 PM
A 50/50 IPA wipe down is a mix of 50% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol and 50% water. It is used to remove wax and oils from the finish. In your case, it probably isn`t needed because Optimum doesn`t really leave anything on the finish, so a Z-6 wipe down should be adaquate before applying the Zaino.

imported_Frugle
10-19-2006, 10:46 AM
to bring up a dead thread rather than starting another one with the same questions,

Is it okay to use the IPA instead of Z-6? Z-6 is expensive, and I`m trying to preserve it.

why is it better not to use the PC with zaino? I was looking to speed up the waxing process, is there anyway you can use zaino with a PC?

AL-53
10-19-2006, 10:56 AM
useing the PC to apply product uses more product...

Best way is to get a Meg`s yellow applicator and hand apply....it is not much more time and it also ensures you got it all covered...the PC will not fit in all spots so you will have to do by hand anyways to get those spots...

Al

wannafbody
10-19-2006, 10:58 AM
to bring up a dead thread rather than starting another one with the same questions,

Is it okay to use the IPA instead of Z-6? Z-6 is expensive, and I`m trying to preserve it.

why is it better not to use the PC with zaino? I was looking to speed up the waxing process, is there anyway you can use zaino with a PC?

IPA is fine instead of Z6-you can also dilute your Z6 with some distilled water to make it last longer. Add roughly 1/3 more distilled water.