PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Big Lots find - car wash soap

Spilchy
09-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Turtle Wax Big Orange Car Wash Soap

2 pack of 64 oz. containers - $4.00

Fairly thick, not watery. I will be using it for my foam gun solution. $4 for a gallon isn`t too bad and worth a shot. My Big Lots has an entire shelving unit loaded with them.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/spilchy/tn_IMG_0393.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/spilchy/tn_IMG_0395.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/spilchy/tn_IMG_0396.jpg

Setec Astronomy
09-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Curse you, Spilchy.

imported_CBX Carl
09-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey, good reason to take a walk . Big Lots is just across the street from my house. :)

BigAl3
09-16-2006, 03:30 PM
spilchy, you have the best of luck with your big lots finds. i could never find the 1 gallon turtle wax platinum car wash at any of the several big lots i went to. i may have to go pick up some of these, as it`s usually $4 alone for one... thanks for the heads up buddy! :)

a.k.a. Patrick
09-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Seth, you suck...........My BL never has anything of value.....But, due to this thread, im going to have to make th 40 mile round trip to see if they have it............

d-Limonene is a very versatile chemical which can be used in a wide variety of applications. It is extremely safe and more effective than typical cleaning solutions.

Spilchy
09-16-2006, 06:12 PM
haha guys!

My Big Lots still has all the Meguiar`s accessories and Long Haul lineup.

I also bought a huge plastic spider for $1 to stick in the desk drawer of a co worker who has a serious bugphobia problem. Last time I scared her like that, she jammed her knee on her computer keyboard tray under her desk.

Wait till she opens the desk door and sees this 9" wide bundle of fun!! BWAHAHAHAHA!! Hopefully she won`t be on the phone with any number of important attorneys she speaks to daily!

BigAl3
09-16-2006, 06:50 PM
haha guys!

My Big Lots still has all the Meguiar`s accessories and Long Haul lineup.

I also bought a huge plastic spider for $1 to stick in the desk drawer of a co worker who has a serious bugphobia problem. Last time I scared her like that, she jammed her knee on her computer keyboard tray under her desk.

Wait till she opens the desk door and sees this 9" wide bundle of fun!! BWAHAHAHAHA!! Hopefully she won`t be on the phone with any number of important attorneys she speaks to daily!

hey, that`s mean and not very nice... but hella FUNNY! bwahahaha!! :rofl

a.k.a. Patrick
09-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Im glad were not co-workers Seth. I hate those ```````s............

Setec Astronomy
09-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh crap, I missed the spider...guess I`ll have to go back tomorrow...did you pick up one of the stuffed rats they had near the cash register?

Edit: I didn`t find this stuff to be thick, it`s rather thin, should go in the foam gun without having to dilute it.

Spilchy
09-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Edit: I didn`t find this stuff to be thick, it`s rather thin, should go in the foam gun without having to dilute it.

Agreed. After I opened it and diluted it in my gallon Rubbermaid jug that I use to fill up my foam gun container, I realized this stuff just disapeared in the water!

Normally with my other soap, it sinks to the bottom, clearly visible, then dilutes and changes the color of the water.

When I poured in the TW soap, it reminded me of the Oxy Clean commerecial when he drops in a scoop and the colored water turns clear! When I drop in the orange soap it turns clear!

So full strength will be necessary. I`ll try it this weekend and report back.

I don`t have high hopes on this one.