PDA

View Full Version : need relationship advice please, yes you!

BigAl3
09-15-2006, 12:16 AM
here`s my dilemna... i`m in my very early 30`s *cough* and she`s 22, is that too young? we seem to hit it off pretty well and i`m thinking of pursuing it further... what do you fellow autopians think?

03COBRA
09-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Go for it. My GF is quite a bit younger than I am and I`m very happy. Age is really just a number. Sometimes you can`t also have everything the way you want it. And if the age is the only thing making you doubt it, then that`s pretty good.

Just make sure it`s what she wants. My last 2 relationships they hit that 21`ish age and wanted to hang out with their friends and be young. They both regret it now since they can`t find a guy that respects them.

Here wanting to do the "21" thing would be my only fear, but you have to be the judge of what she wants. Good luck

BigAl3
09-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Go for it. My GF is quite a bit younger than I am and I`m very happy. Age is really just a number. Sometimes you can`t also have everything the way you want it. And if the age is the only thing making you doubt it, then that`s pretty good.

Just make sure it`s what she wants. My last 2 relationships they hit that 21`ish age and wanted to hang out with their friends and be young. They both regret it now since they can`t find a guy that respects them.

Here wanting to do the "21" thing would be my only fear, but you have to be the judge of what she wants. Good luck

i`m glad she was at least 21 (wouldn`t talk to her if she were any younger) and i`m only hoping she doesn`t think i`m to old for her. thanks for the advice! :)

01bluecls
09-15-2006, 01:49 AM
If anything... my parents are 9 years apart from each other but have been married for 23 years....go for it!

imported_Grouse
09-15-2006, 01:50 AM
I think yer nuts. Friends yeah, but hitter up for her older sister`s number.

xTravBx
09-15-2006, 08:36 AM
My girl is younger than me. She`s a doll. We`re 7 years apart. I won`t give out our ages though.... Ha.

But seriously, she`s a total catch. I wouldn`t want anyone else. The age difference doesn`t really affect anything. We don`t look like there`s an age difference, either.

SamIam
09-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Tried that, been there. There is a big difference between 3? and 22, not so much between 37 and 27. I married at 35 to a 29 year old. No big diff. Before her,when I was 30, I dated a 21 yr old. BIG DIF. Don`t do it.

Remember 22? All you want to do is party and hang out. If that`s what you`re in for, fine. But trust me, you will have some very uncomfortable moments when she and friends are talking about high school and college parties that happend a couple of yrs ago.

imported_CkretAjint
09-15-2006, 11:18 AM
my grandparents are 10 years appart and have been married 50+ years!!!!

Accumulator
09-15-2006, 12:14 PM
It all depends on the people involved. My wife and I are of very different ages and we`re perfect for each other, but we were both older than that when we met too. Her parents were of very different ages, got married when her mother was *VERY* young, yet they were a very happy couple (heh heh, her mother was the "sensible one").

But hey, it`s not like you`re about to propose, right? See how it goes, have fun, enjoy it.

The only thing I`d watch for is this: most people her age are still maturing and still learning about who they are- developing their identity, belief systems and world view. You wouldn`t want to stifle her personal development and/but you gotta accept that she might turn into somebody else who might not be the right person for you.

BigAl3
09-15-2006, 07:02 PM
But hey, it`s not like you`re about to propose, right? See how it goes, have fun, enjoy it.

exactly what some of my friends are saying. if it doesn`t work out, i at least gained a friend right?

Scottwax
09-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Half your age + 7 is supposedly the youngest you should date. I love looking at the younger (legal!) ladies but most of them are too immature for a real relationship.