PDA

View Full Version : What are some good over the counter wash mitts and pads?

Skyhawk
09-14-2006, 03:29 AM
Just like the title says, what are some good ones that you will find at any local Advance Auto, Autozone, ect...

AL-53
09-14-2006, 03:55 AM
You can get good wool mitts at walmart (euro brand)...

100% cotton chennile mitts at Napa...

Patrick at Exceldeetails.com sells nice wool mitts also...

Some use grout sponges from Home Depot..

AL

ashsarna
09-14-2006, 05:57 AM
The euro sheepskin mitts from Walmart are great, search through them to pick the good ones. They are among my favorites.

TigerMike
09-14-2006, 08:08 AM
I have only used the 100% cotton Viking mitt (not chenille) for many years, and I find them at O`Reilly parts stores.

SpoiledMan
09-14-2006, 08:44 AM
$2 Home Depot grout sponge user here. Can`t beat em!

tustah
09-14-2006, 01:00 PM
$2 Home Depot grout sponge user here. Can`t beat em!

+1 for the grout sponge! I ended up buying a pack of 6. Won`t look back to going with Eurow sheepskin mitts anymore.

BigAl3
09-14-2006, 05:25 PM
you can go with either the euro sheepskin mitts from walmart or the viking chenille wash sponge from k-mart, autozone, etc..

gopedhead
09-14-2006, 05:31 PM
i dont mean to intrude. but since we`re on topic w/ mitts, what are good mits from online sources? what mitts woudl you go w/?

wannafbody
09-14-2006, 05:33 PM
I really like the Viking MF mitt from either Kmart of autozone- I put my sheepskin mitt out to pasture

tom p.
09-14-2006, 05:43 PM
I used to get a great TW brand chenille wash mitt at Wally`s. They no longer seem to have them. I do find them at Pepboi every now and then for twice the price. Very durable, a personal favorite.

mikebai1990
09-14-2006, 06:37 PM
If you have any Big Lots near you, you may want to consider the Meguiars Ultra Plush Wash Mitt or the Meguiars Chenille. I don`t know whether money is an issue for you, because these are very cheap ($3-4). If you don`t care so much about cost, you can consider using the Walmart Eurow wash mitts (haven`t been able to find them near me) or the Vikings from Kmart (don`t have any kmarts near me :))

Brad B
09-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Yep Viking/Mothers/Sonus sheepskin for me. They make good cotton chenille as well but the sheepskin rinses through much better.

Sponges scare me to death. Too much psi against the surface of the car(tough on wax and can be on paint), they don`t rinse well and the risk of debris getting caught up in it is risky.

mblgjr
09-15-2006, 02:56 AM
I use the Euro Sheepskin from WalWhore. Only gripe is that sometims you get a bad one and they`ll fall apart in the wash. I always let mine air dry. Also, you really need to feel each one, as they are all a little different. Try and get a thick pile one as they work a lot better.

I picked up a Cobra MF mitt for use on my garage queens, I really like it better as it removes dirt a lot better, but its also a bit of a pain if you get something stuck in it while washing (mf holds onto things).