PDA

View Full Version : Help for a new weekend detailer? Klasse on Subaru?

randall21
09-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Hello, I am just getting into detailing (my own car anyways) and have a couple of quick questions. I just upgraded from a rusty 92 Cavalier to a 02 Subaru Outback. So much better. The Outback has a lot of plastic panels on the bottom. The plastic panels have long indentations along the whole side. What is the best way to wax these? Has anyone work on Outback’s before?

I was hoping to use Klasse AIO followed by KSG. Winter is coming up and I want something durable. I have a PC at work to use; I just have to pick up some pads. When using a PC, is it hard to get in the crevasses or do you do that by hand?

I also have about 20 decent size stone chips on the hood, roof and quater panels. Any ideas other than the Autopia guide? Would the Langka system be faster for that many chips?

Also, is there any way to repair small gouges in the tint?

This is after the first wash after I picked it up. I just used TW Platinum wash with Eagle Wax as you dry.

Any other sugestions?

The colour is actually blue.

Thanks,

Randall

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/tdsucks/subaru/IMG_0763.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/tdsucks/subaru/IMG_0765.jpgAny way to fix some scratched tint?

Landerholm
09-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Assuming you are talking about the painted panels (I have seen them in unpainted plastic) AIO and SG will be perfect. It can be hard to work the PC into indentations like that but its doable. You can also get away with just skipping over the channels - you wont be able to see defects down there too easily anyway since its in the lower bodywork.

As for stone chips I would langka the big ones... Theres nothing you can really do to get them *all*.

holland_patrick
09-14-2006, 06:09 AM
here is a Subaru with the AIO/SG treatment..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/holland_patrick/Picture009.jpg

randall21
09-14-2006, 08:43 AM
what did you use to apply the AIO on the plastic parts. Did you apply anything by hand or was everything with a PC?

Thanks,

Randall

CroMag
09-14-2006, 10:12 AM
I just used AIO and SG on my new Outback with similar plastic panels and it turned out great. I have a PC, but they were both so easy to apply by hand, I just went that way.

Now if your paint really needs to be cleaned up, you may want to go with the PC on the AIO - but I don`t see much need to do the SG by machine. There is a great thread over in the Hall of Fame section that talks about using SG with a straight WOWO approach.

randall21
09-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the Tips. Any other help you can pass along?

Thanks,

Randall

randall21
09-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Any tips for the dark colour?

Thanks,

Randall

CroMag
09-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Any tips for the dark colour?

You will find that people have all kinds of preferences, about what they think looks best on dark colors. Just cruise through the different posts and you will probably find a lot. AIO and SG are pretty durable and look nice on my dark blue, but others may disagree. I would try your original plan and see what you think. If you would like more depth, you could try topping it with something like Collinite or Duragloss Aquawax.

randall21
09-15-2006, 05:48 AM
Any tips for going around the roof rack with the PC or should I do the area by hand?

Thanks,

Randall