PDA

View Full Version : Morning DEW!!!! Ruining my nice windows

Pages : [1] 2

porterror
09-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Every morning i get dew all over my car....sometimes right after i polished the windows and i`ll have some dew spots

abbeysdad
09-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Use an LSP on your glass ?

Kenney
09-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Get some NR and do a quick wash with it in the morning if you have the time. NR works well on windows, especially if all they have on it is dew.

joyriiide1113
09-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Nothing you can do about it, except park inside a garage...

If you let the dew evaporate a bit before driving off, you won`t get any drips or anything that way.

Mach30SiR
09-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Does putting a LSP such as UPP spear with windshield wiper usage?

jmsc
09-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I`d get a window squeegee for now for the windows only. For the winter, I`d get the window sno-off cover which works very well during overnite freezing temps.

Dan
10-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I`ve tried some LSP`s but they only seem to make the problem worse(more beading), is there anything that really promotes sheeting well, maybe that might help? Its a hassle to clean off the windows before driving off in the morning, only for the dew to return half way down the street.

ZeusCGP
10-11-2006, 07:48 AM
I was going to post this (but have been lazy).

We have to first figure out how the condensation gets there, which is a difference in temperature between the air outside the car and inside the car.

I have a temporary solution; discovered accidentally last week. Leave the window open a crack. Must less condensation will form.

imported_Yal
10-11-2006, 09:02 AM
I was going to post this (but have been lazy).

We have to first figure out how the condensation gets there, which is a difference in temperature between the air outside the car and inside the car.

I have a temporary solution; discovered accidentally last week. Leave the window open a crack. Must less condensation will form.

Just check the weather and make sure its not going to rain ;) Also drive with your windows open for awhile.

Personally I`m more concerned with my sealant application not getting enough time to cure because first thing the next morning there is condensation all over the paint :(

evo77
10-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Aren`t LSP`s formulated to work on clear coated paint? This includes the properties it carries for curing and bonding.

How does glass benefit from a product made for something entirely different?

BradUF
10-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Try RainX, that might work.

fdizzle
10-11-2006, 01:21 PM
rain x has gotten some mixed reviews on here, do a thread search - it does work fairly well on rain, but dew? hmmmm.... and you will strip most of the rainx if you use a squegee anyway . . .

i like the window crack idea, but I can see some potential problems with that as far as your interior is concerned. . . .

nothing really beats just cleaning them off every moarning. You would need a good time frame to let any wax or sealants cure - and i would imagine a carnuba lsp on glass would effect wiper life and effectiveness . . .

mcnab
10-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I don`t intend to steal your thread here, just looking for peoples suggestions on a similar issue.

The morning dew is KILLING me..I`ve got a black daily driver that Im very anal about keeping clean. In the spring / summer this isn`t a problem.Every morning when I leave for work, my black car is covered in a layer of dew. I have no choice but to drive it. With several coats of FMJ topped with Natties it beads well, but every morning after washing it`s already dirty. Where I live right now, garage parking or even covered parking is not an option. I`ve thought about getting a car cover and using that @ night, but Im very concerned about the change of marring if I use a car cover, especially if the wind comes up during the night and flaps the cover against the paint at all.

Any ideas fellas on what I could do? I could wash my car every 2nd day at this pace and not be able to keep up...It`s frusturating!! It drives me nuts to have my car dirty all the time :mad:

BMWWW
10-11-2006, 02:56 PM
I don`t intend to steal your thread here, just looking for peoples suggestions on a similar issue.

The morning dew is KILLING me..I`ve got a black daily driver that Im very anal about keeping clean. In the spring / summer this isn`t a problem.Every morning when I leave for work, my black car is covered in a layer of dew. I have no choice but to drive it. With several coats of FMJ topped with Natties it beads well, but every morning after washing it`s already dirty. Where I live right now, garage parking or even covered parking is not an option. I`ve thought about getting a car cover and using that @ night, but Im very concerned about the change of marring if I use a car cover, especially if the wind comes up during the night and flaps the cover against the paint at all.

Any ideas fellas on what I could do? I could wash my car every 2nd day at this pace and not be able to keep up...It`s frusturating!! It drives me nuts to have my car dirty all the time :mad:

Same thing happends in Toronto. I have a suggestion but, it may or may not kill you... "Live with it". I`ve given up on keeping the daily driver, parked outside, clean. Dew on the entire car, every morning. The beads are interesting, but after collecting dust overnight, I wouldn`t touch the paint.

It sucks, but hey, we are in North for a reason, this is just one downside of it. :ca

evo77
10-11-2006, 06:34 PM
I have a suggestion but, it may or may not kill you... "Live with it".

A concept many of us have a hard time dealing with... :(