PDA

View Full Version : Leather Conditioner w/out the strong smell? Sonus, CG ?

RCFLYER
09-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I am new to this forum and new to owning a car with leather seats!

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid...

I`ve been search this site and I`m looking for a good all around leather conditioner and protector (Kids and UV - a lot of sun in Colorado) without the lingering/leather/new car smell... I`ve researched the following, Chemical Guys, Sonus, Zaino, Meguirs and a few others - it looks like the Z10 may be to much for us - my wife and I really don`t want the lingering new car/leather smell.... It looks like maybe Chemical Guys or Sonus could be a good choice.... Any Thoughts on those or others..... I typically use a professional detailer for the exterior work - but do the interiors myself...

Thanks for your help and advice!

wannafbody
09-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Duragloss makes a good leather conditioner, Z9 smells leathery but I don`t think Z10 is overpowering at all

imported_Grouse
09-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Leathermasters is near odor free.

TGates
09-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Sonus doesn`t have the leather store smell. It has a strong smell that goes away within a day or two and leaves the seats nice and matte.

truvette
09-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Meguiar`s Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes are a good bet. They have a very faint smell that goes away and is not offensive in the least bit.

LeadingEdgeDetail
09-12-2006, 02:37 PM
I use Meguiars Detailer-Line Leather Cleaner/Conditioner...

Everyone`s loved it so far, and so do I!

Driven Auto Detail
09-12-2006, 02:51 PM
+1 for Meg`s Detailer`s Line.

I just used the stuff for the first time over the weekend and I`m very impressed. I used a white Vroom MF to apply it and it definitely cleaned the leather. The MF towel was very dirty. Leather feels great now so I feel that the conditioner works great too.

Sherman8r44
09-12-2006, 03:30 PM
I love the CG stuff, but IDK if it`s right for you. It has a fairly strong smell (I like it, you might not) that sticks around for 2-3 days.

Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner/Conditioner (tan bottle) is actually very good, and although the smell is nothing great it`s impossible to detect once applied to the seats.

RCFLYER
09-12-2006, 03:33 PM
This is great - Thanks - keep the suggestions coming.... I don`t mind a scent for a few days - just not something that is going to stick around or as strong as walking in a leather store... My seats are brand new right now too - so I`m looking for good protection so they stay nice! Thanks!

gben
09-12-2006, 03:33 PM
I use CG`s Leather Conditioner Restore in my vette and am not disappointed and don`t think you`d be either.

Sherman8r44
09-12-2006, 03:39 PM
This is great - Thanks - keep the suggestions coming.... I don`t mind a scent for a few days - just not something that is going to stick around or as strong as walking in a leather store... My seats are brand new right now too - so I`m looking for good protection so they stay nice! Thanks!

Well in that case you`ll probably like the CG. :2thumbs:

Setec Astronomy
09-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I don`t really find the Sonus conditioner to have any smell shortly after it`s applied. It`s very easy, it`s a thin transparent liquid that you just wipe on and let dry briefly.

ashsarna
09-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I have and tried z10, DG leather conditioner and CG leather restorer. They truely are all excellent. If I had to go with one it would be CG (also its smell seems to be the least of the three) with DG comming in a close second (as it is available locally) and both DG and CG are available in various sizes at great prices.

ps. Paul at CG is a great guy that will treat you right.

RCFLYER
09-13-2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the help - ordered the CG last night - that`s who I was leaning toward - but just couldn`t make up my mind as it was a new name/company to me..... Thanks!

RCFLYER
09-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Just posting a follow up after I received my Chemical Guys Leather Conditioner and Cleaner...

I used the cleaner first - I only have 1400 miles on my Toyota - but still got some dirt off! Then applied the Leather Conditioner - very nice and the smell is very mild - just what I wanted. I am very pleased with the results.... Matte finish is nice too - which is very close to what was there - no noticable change and softened things up a little... The seats are maybe just a little slicker than before - but that will probably where off in a few weeks as I venture to guess that these seats are treated/condition leather anyway.... Most importantly I was after some protection - and I think I`ve got that now with the CG Conditioner.... Thanks to everyone for there comments!