PDA

View Full Version : optimum compund ?!

Pages : [1] 2

maxi
09-12-2006, 03:52 AM
hallo all members

my qustion about optimum compund- its true this compund not leave (or created)any haze or swirl after finish? and not need polish to remover any hazing !!

iread this in site autogeek, beacuse many compund i used make me nervouse leave many haze and need polish to remove this haze.

members .. which product like ( compund ) remove swirl ,good clean with out created hazing?

ithinking about mg 83 # . its good comund like polish easy to use

sorry about my Eg languge.

Mad iX
09-12-2006, 05:11 AM
With the right pad it`ll finish up close to LSP-ready, depending on the paint.

If you want to get rid of deeper swirls and scratches, just use a more aggressive pad. It hasn`t left any major hazing for me but you might still want to give it a final polish anyway.

sftempest66
09-12-2006, 05:42 AM
depending on the pad that you use with the Optimum compound it will haze, I find that if you buff some areas with a light cutting pad such as an orange pad, at speed 6 on the PC, that it will haze just a little, all you need after that is to finish it up with some optimum polish which is a great great product

wannafbody
09-12-2006, 01:54 PM
I used OHC with a medium cut pad and rotary and got hazing- with a softer pad on a PC much less hazing. The cut is determined by the pad and machine.

Envious Eric
09-12-2006, 04:25 PM
I thought that scottwax was using OC with a white pad and was able to go to waxing right away on most cars....true or am i mis-informed?

abbeysdad
09-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe optimum compound is designed such that the abrasive particals breakdown and get smaller and smaller as it is worked. This provides initial cutting power AND finishing polish, presuming it is worked long enough at a fast enough speed.

In my recent experiance (maybe it was tough clearcoat) the OC even with orange or yellow pads didn`t really cut very much and barely put a dent in swirls and marrs.

In general though, I think you need to be prepared to use a finer polish after a heavier compound or leveling agent.

gregk
09-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Using a white pad on a pc on most cars, you can directly to LSP. Only on very soft paints do I have to go to a Polish after it to reduce haze. With the rotary, I find that again with the white pad, it leaves a ready to wax finish, but I will sometimes use a wax with a bit of polish on the pc to eliminate any hazing. Mixing the Compound and Polish 50/50 is common as well if the defects on the car are not too bad. If you have a BMW/Mini, they seem to love Optimum Compound with a white pad. You should have no hazing at all!

If you use a cutting pad for heavy defects, I would recommend a polish after on a white pad to reduce hazing, but try the white pad first because it may be all you need!

tustah
09-12-2006, 09:35 PM
I use edge pads so what exactly is a white pad? polishing? light cut?

qadsan
09-12-2006, 09:44 PM
I use edge pads so what exactly is a white pad? polishing? light cut?

Edge 2000 pads...

Yellow = light cut

Green = Polish

Blue = Light Polish

White = Finish

There`s also an Orange Edge 2000 pad sold by Autogeek and the Orange is between the Geen and Blue.

imported_hooked
09-12-2006, 10:25 PM
I have JW Prime:Strong and Edge 2K Green and Blue Pads for the PC. If I use OC with the Green Pad to remove light marring (wash and qd scratches?), can I use the Prime:Strong with the Blue Pad as the finishing polish?

tustah
09-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Edge 2000 pads...

Yellow = light cut

Green = Polish

Blue = Light Polish

White = Finish

There`s also an Orange Edge 2000 pad sold by Autogeek and the Orange is between the Geen and Blue.

LOL I already knew the edge pads. I thought Scott used Meguiar`s pads, not Edge.

BTW, it`s:

Yellow: High Cut

Green: Medium Cut

Orange: Light Cut

Blue: Finish

White: Ultra Finish

LeadingEdgeDetail
09-13-2006, 01:28 AM
For my PC, I use 6.5" Lake Country pads, and they`re wonderful! The ones with the black velcro, not white. 6" LakeCountry pads were horrible. But the 6.5`s have really blown me away :thumbup:

Orange = Cutting, White = Polishing/Finish, and Grey= Finishing.

imported_aqua
09-13-2006, 02:14 AM
Optimun has 3 products line. HyperCompound, Compound and polish.

IMHO, hypercompound is the real compound. It´s a marketing issue, let´s say, OC is la strong polish or light compound. That the reason the haze is very limited.

Appart from that, Optimun has a great polishing products line. Easy to work with and with small amount of splitters.

maxi
09-13-2006, 08:47 AM
depending on the pad that you use with the Optimum compound it will haze, I find that if you buff some areas with a light cutting pad such as an orange pad, at speed 6 on the PC, that it will haze just a little, all you need after that is to finish it up with some optimum polish which is a great great product

when i use optimum polish ....its by pc or hand ?to remove haze can i layer with souveran paste wax.

maxi
09-13-2006, 08:51 AM
:woot2: thanks for all member about important info :welcome