PDA

View Full Version : VM topped with EX-P

Juztang
09-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I have a yellow Saleen. I`m thinking about trying VM topped with EX-P. Has anyone tried this combo? Or would VM topped with CMW be better?

I`ve actually never used a glaze. DO you break the glaze down like a polish? I`ve heard that you can use a polishing pad and it has minor polishing abilities or you could put it on with a finishing pad. What is the best method?

Bigpoppa3346
09-11-2006, 05:55 PM
VM topped with EX-P used to be a hot combo. With CMW you wouldn`t have to worry about the EX-P not bonding to the VM. I never was impressed with the durability of EX-P, especially over VM. Vanilla Mosse doesn`t really break down, but if worked long on a polishing pad will give you some cut. Work it for 1 minute or less to fill, or work it long for slight cut.

Wasatch
09-11-2006, 06:18 PM
I`ve done the VM/CMW combo very nice.

Mr. Clean
09-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I found VM to be a less than desirable pairing with EX and would wouldn`t expect it to perform any better with EX-P. KAIO or PB`s Pro Polish would be my suggested products for use with EX-P (I haven`t used the Werkstatt Prime product, the descriptions make it sound like it would perform similarly to AIO). If you want to use the VM, try it with its CK companion product or a carnauba wax.

Scottwax
09-11-2006, 08:07 PM
On yellow, I think you`d be happier using either EX w/carnauba or Carnauba Moose over Red Machine Glaze than VM/EX-P because you will get a deeper, wetter glow.

I haven`t had any problems using EX-P over VM though. I just prefer it on metallics and RMG/CMW or EX on solid colors.

Wasatch
09-11-2006, 08:50 PM
I found VM to be a less than desirable pairing with EX and would wouldn`t expect it to perform any better with EX-P. KAIO or PB`s Pro Polish would be my suggested products for use with EX-P (I haven`t used the Werkstatt Prime product, the descriptions make it sound like it would perform similarly to AIO). If you want to use the VM, try it with its CK companion product or a carnauba wax.

I`ve had very good results with VM/EX.