PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my proposed product sequence

dalemccl
09-11-2006, 02:21 PM
I`m new to detailing but have a new car and want to keep it looking new. It`s a 2 month old bright red Pontiac Vibe that currently has two layers of Meguiar`s NXT Tech wax on it. I want to try a different set of products as we approach winter here in NE Indiana. I want winter protection plus a good deep shine.

Also if the light is just right, I can see tiny scratches in the clearcoat, probably because of using improper cloths for washing and drying (before I discovered this forum).

Here is my planned approach - all products to be applied by hand:

Wash with NXT Tech car wash

Claybar with Clay Magic

Wash with NXT Tech car wash

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

Collinite 845

Two Questions:

1. when I do the initial wash, do I need to use something to get the existing NXT wax off instead of using the NXT wash product - Dawn perhaps??

2. Is the proposed sequence/layers OK? I wonder if SG and the 845 are redundant, or is there is benefit to using both? (I already bought the SG but haven`t purchased the 845 yet.)

Thanks.

imported_smprince1
09-11-2006, 02:45 PM
1) AIO should remove any remaining NXT wax.

2) SG and IW845 are both LSP`s so in that regard they are redundant. If you put IW845 you won`t be able to apply any more layers of SG since it won`t bond properly. However, IW845 may give a better look than SG alone which some people complain looks too sterile.