PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining leather smell.

BMW645
09-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Hello. I use BMW`s leather care treatment on my car. It`s a cleaner and a conditioner. The smell doesn`t last very long, it doesn`t last a day. Zaino`s leather conditioner doesn`t seem to last for more than a few days.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there anything that will make the leather smell last for a season? (3 months?)

thanks.

4point6
09-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Dead cow in your trunk? jk.... Zaino seems to last about a week for me.

joyriiide1113
09-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Maybe you smell your car too much. When I just about think there is no more leather smell in my car, someone comes in and comments on how it smells like leather. Go figure.

Sirslap2
09-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Just be careful and do your search here or on some of the BMW boards before jumping to a product.

I settled on the BMW product for two reasons:

1. Reviews of others mentioned leaving a very tacky (ie sticky) residue or feel.

2. You can always yell at your dealer if it screws something up.

You don`t want to over use the product either.

There are lots of different types of leather (nappa, baseball glove type, clear coated etc) so make sure you are dealing with the one you have.

Good luck.

slogans7
09-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Put a Rawlings mitt in the glove box.

MorBid
09-16-2006, 01:13 AM
I use Hi-Temp`s Leather and Vinyl products (http://www.topoftheline.com/leather-cleaner-conditioner.html) . I only do a full interior detail twice a year (before and after winter) and that leather smell your talking about stays with the car for sometime, I mean months.

It`s like driving around in the sporting good`s aisle where all the mitts are.

That said both products work gr8t and are an excellent value in price.

HTH

Morbid

ret
09-16-2006, 09:49 AM
<<Zaino`s leather conditioner doesn`t seem to last for more than a few days.>>

I use Z-10 and when i`m done I tuck the micro-fiber applicator under the front seat of my car or truck, I do the leather about every two to three weeks and the sent remains between applications.

RET :heelclick

Pats300zx
09-16-2006, 11:56 AM
]

I use Z-10 and when i`m done I tuck the micro-fiber applicator under the front seat of my car or truck, I do the leather about every two to three weeks and the sent remains between applications.

Great idea !!!!! :2thumbs:

Major
09-16-2006, 03:04 PM
This what I do:

I use California Car Scent, New Car Smell, the one with the fiber in the can not the jell looking stuff, with a yellow lid, that is perforated. After it drys out, I then pour in the container Chemical Guys, New Leather Scent. About every two weeks I refresh that old california car scent container with some "New Leather Scent". I purchase it one gallon at a time.

Major

Tasty
09-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Yankee Candle leather scented car freshener. Smells great, lasts a good while.