PDA

View Full Version : Favorite liquid carnaubas?

Pages : [1] 2

TGates
09-11-2006, 01:00 AM
I finally got around to applying my wax with the PC and a finishing pad. I had always just done the LSP by hand before, usually a paste carnauba for the GTO. Needless to say, I`m hooked on PC application now. The only liquid carnaubas I had on hand were CMW, #26, and 845 (hardly a liquid). I had some NXT liquid but I was waxing over Swirlbuster and didn`t want to hinder the acrylic fillers in any way. I used #26 with a gray finishing pad and was blown away. I love 26 anyways, but using it in this fashion was so easy. I was hesitant to use CMW over SB because it has pretty high petroleum distillate content IIRC.

I just ordered some Liquid Souveran as I see myself going this route a lot more from now on. Are there any I`m overlooking? There just don`t seem to be very many out there...

Jordan@DD
09-11-2006, 02:03 AM
So do you apply the liquid wax to a finishing pad, then use a MF bonnet to buff off?

imported_smprince1
09-11-2006, 06:04 AM
For liquid carnauba by PC and finishing pad, #26 and IW845 are very good.

BTW, #16 is much better by PC than by hand IMO (sort of off subject).

Also off subject, EX, EX-P, and UPP spread better/thinner by PC than hand IMO.

DM101
09-11-2006, 06:35 AM
You got it right.... Liquid Souveran. Or if you want to go sealant route Meg. 21 ...... Just did a car PO85RD, Duragloss PBA 601, M21 X 2 .... WOW

strauss
09-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Liquid souveran removes easier than it`s paste form when applied via PC. I have had great results with the liquid, specifically on light cars. On darker colors, I prefer clearkote`s CMW because of the "warm and wet" look it gives. Liquid souveran has a lot of "pop".......

Pats300zx
09-11-2006, 08:04 AM
My favorites would be:

Liquid Souveran

Collonite 845

imported_Bence
09-11-2006, 08:16 AM
...845 (hardly a liquid)...

???

845 is a very thin, almost watery wax - if you shake it up enough. It starts as a thick, immovable paste, but when you shake it long a strong enough it will thin out suddenly.

I love it. CMW is nice too but it needs 2-3 layers to look really good in my experience. I have the Sonax Xtreme1 Liquid Carnauba but it is nothing to write home about. FK1 216 is an excellent wax too. Slick, and handsome. It contains organic/inorganic waxes (don`t know exactly what), but a nice product, nevertheless.

gav'spurplez
09-11-2006, 04:00 PM
i used nxt when it first came out,

but since the durability is not really there, i started using # 26 and love it.

I have also used CMW on my own cars and like the look as well

TGates
09-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I`ve fallen in love with 26. It`s an absolute breeze to use. It`s gotta be the easiest wax I`ve EVER buffed off. It just falls off the paint, and the finish is very nice... a real nice liquid shimmer.

Wasatch
09-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Also agree about FK1 216 very easy to use, leaves the paint slick, wet and glossy.

firegate
09-12-2006, 02:27 AM
Carnauba Jett looks incredible

Mach30SiR
09-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Sorry if this isn`t on topic - but i have Natty`s blue and applied it via hand the other day, WAY to think because it was impossible to get off. How can i apply a paste using the PC? Just pop the whole paste wax out of the can and rub it on the pad?

gav'spurplez
09-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Sorry if this isn`t on topic - but i have Natty`s blue and applied it via hand the other day, WAY to think because it was impossible to get off. How can i apply a paste using the PC? Just pop the whole paste wax out of the can and rub it on the pad?

i remember a long time ago my dad using a paste wax via a 10" orbital.

man, come to think of it, that was a long time ago,

back to my point. you would need an old butter knife or something. spread it like butter on toast, but remember to spread it thin.

TGates
09-12-2006, 10:19 AM

Get yourself some latex gloves. Turn the wax upside down and it should slide right out with a little motivation. Spread it very thin on the pad like buttering bread. Voila!

Accumulator
09-12-2006, 11:10 AM
A liquid that *never* gets mentioned around here, but that I liked back in the day, is Malm`s. Easy on/off/ good beading (on a prepped surface), decent looks, and no staining of trim (it`s the wax I started my "wax the rubber trim" regimen on the Jag with). We went through gallons of the stuff when we had the dealership. It layers, too- in fact you can get wax build-up issues if you apply it too often over uncleaned paint...sure wish I had Sonus green clay back then.

Gee, posting this almost makes me want to break out my last bottle of the stuff.