PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailing - Can really be done in 5 to 10 mins?

Adzz
09-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Dusting my entire Honda Jazz took about 5 mins.

Wiping windows about 5 mins.

QD the entire car, at least 10-15 mins.

And I haven`t tried on the wheels yet.

Is it possible to finish QD in 10 mins as mentioned in autopia guide ebook?

I`m inspired but I thought it`s impossible... Maybe you can call me a slow tortorise.

Any advice to be given? :)

a.k.a. Patrick
09-11-2006, 07:32 AM
As for just paint? Sure.........Bumpers/windows maybe another few minutes, but in all, anyone should be able to do an average size car in 15 minutes tops. I QS`d then AW`d my Taco yetsreday in about 15......bumper to bumper. (not glass though)

What is a Honda Jazz?

imported_norahcrv
09-11-2006, 09:12 AM
. . . What is a Honda Jazz?

The new `07 Honda Fit is the North American version of the Honda Jazz.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72538

It`s a great little city zipper, but don`t be fooled by the outside - there is tons of room inside for a family of 4 :)

You can check out honda`s uk site for more info.

But back to the 10 minutes for a QD ? - yes, I suppose it could be done, but I would rather spend a little extra time with my cars & be careful not to add any swirls or marring :)

coupe
09-11-2006, 09:30 AM
It takes me forever to QD.

Hell it takes me at least 3 hours just to wash.

I dont even wanna tell ya how long it takes me to do a 3 step polishing job on a midsized car.

Accumulator
09-11-2006, 11:18 AM
It takes me forever to QD.

Hell it takes me at least 3 hours just to wash.

I dont even wanna tell ya how long it takes me to do a 3 step polishing job on a midsized car.

Heh heh, took the words right out of my mouth :D (Not that I QD except as a refresher after a wash).

CleanGSR
09-11-2006, 11:21 AM
To just QD my paint only takes me about 10 minutes. If you add wheels, tires, glass, jams, etc... I`ll spend 45 minutes or more on it. I have to QD my car daily since it`s black, so I`ve learned how to speed up the process a little.

Adzz
09-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Seems that 10 mins is possible. I would need about 20-30 mins for a good QD. While washing and drying the car takes me only about 1 hour at most. Won`t it be better to wash instead? :chuckle: I`m staying at Singapore, and the road condition is not so good. Pretty dusty after every drive, not to mention the rainy season is coming soon. It rains like 5-30 mins everyday, and all the QD is put to waste.

Honda Jazz is the Asian version of Honda Fit in the States.

Here`s a picture of my ride. :) Macha Green is the color. :woot2:

http://i.pbase.com/o4/34/600134/1/66693651.MuLDnjUQ.jazzreel.jpg

gopedhead
09-11-2006, 01:31 PM
why qd whoen you can just wash. if you`re goign to spend that much time qding, why dont u just spend another 30 minutes to wash the car. i suually wash my 2 door civic coupe in about 1 hour.

Envious Eric
09-11-2006, 01:59 PM
because sometimes washing isnt necessary...are you really going to wash everyday? why not wash one day, three mornings of a quick 15 min QD, then wash again, then three QD days....etc.....I personally dont QD anymore, but some still like it

coupe
09-11-2006, 02:10 PM
I dont know how anyone can wash their car in an hour if your doing it the right way.

imported_themightytimmah
09-11-2006, 04:25 PM
I dont know how anyone can wash their car in an hour if your doing it the right way.

If I do it with a foamgun and 3-4 mitts, I can knock out the wash portion in 10 minutes, 20 if I do wheels, wells and tires too. Drying takes me a little bit, like 20 minutes or so if I`m careful. I`m looking at investing in a CRspotless system which would cut the total time to 15 minutes for a good quality wash.

Wasatch
09-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Takes me about 20-30 minutes to do my X including windows, wheels, and tires.