PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the 2006 F1 Driver`s Title

imported_memnuts
09-10-2006, 06:20 PM
With Michael Schumacher`s announced retirement and the internal politics in F1, my vote goes to Schumacher.

Frenchy
09-10-2006, 08:03 PM
I`d love to see Alonso take it again this year, too bad for Schumi. But yeah, it`s most likely Schumi who will take it. Lately FIA has been standing for Ferrari International Assistance really.

walnuts
09-10-2006, 08:35 PM
I think Michael will take it this year.....coming down to the wire his focus and determination will be greater than ever.

volvoguy
09-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Id like to say Alonzo but after todays race i dont know. With Michael only 2 pts behind instead of Fernando getting a podium things will be down to the wire. I must say this though being quite biased and a ferrari hater; Michaels news of his retirement only brings me joy to now see a new band of world champions fight for the title.

Hemi57
09-11-2006, 11:08 PM
I reckon Schumacher. Ferrari seem to have the reliability sussed and Schuey is as cool as ice.

NeReTe
09-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Why the poll says AlonZo instead of AlonSo?

(Fixed the spelling in the poll. -- Tort)

Besides I´m spanish, my oppinion is that this year Shumacher will get the championship. Why? Because the FIA is taking any decision possible to pull Michael up and Alonso down...

imported_aqua
09-13-2006, 01:53 AM
I belive Alonso will overcome all FIA dirty decisions, and will get championship without any problems.

percynjpn
09-13-2006, 08:50 AM
FIA is taking any decision possible to pull Michael up and Alonso down...

HA!! Prove it! Anyway, Schumi will take the title :getdown . Any wagers?!

AlexRuiz
09-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Sorry guys, no conspiracy theories here. Schumacher will win it, but not because of help received from the fIA. As both Fernando and Michael said, the championship will be decided on tires, and bridgestone has the edge right now. Both cars are very reliable.

If the FIA really wanted to help Shumi to win, no penalty would have been imposed in Monaco. While the penalty for Fernando in Monza was harsh, the practice times by Felipe (Massa) were well 0.5 secs quicker, so his complaint wasn`t totally ridiculous. You could claim that Fernando blew up his car for pushing it too hard due to the penalty, but if he was safely in third place why push it? Didn`t he learn from Schumacher himself who threw away 6 points in Budapest after struggling with Pedro de la Rosa?

I don`t deny the FIA would like to see Schumacher retire as world champion, but he doesn`t need the help. The scuderia has what it takes.

Alex

sneek
10-22-2006, 05:39 PM
OUCH Schumacher did win! He drove with everything he had in him.

imported_DieselMDX
10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
amazing race the move he put on kimi was something to see