PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detail spray

asm505
09-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Is it okay to use the quick detail spray on a car that is just dusty? I just had my car detailed on Wed and last night the hood got sprayed with the hose and left some water spots. Is it okay to use a quick detail spray on it just to get off the waterspots? The hood is just dusty besides the waterspots. Thanks.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Perfect use for it. Spray, wipe lightly in one direction. Flip towel, and buff dry......

Wasatch
09-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Yup, go for it.

asm505
09-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Do I lightly mist the hood or do I soak it and wipe it down? :think:

Wasatch
09-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Lightly mist, wipe down, flip MF over, final buff. Best to use a very plush MF.

Sherman8r44
09-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Do I lightly mist the hood or do I soak it and wipe it down? :think:

Light mist coverng as much of the hood as possible. Soaking makes it more difficult.

MechWarrior
09-10-2006, 04:00 PM
3 to 4 mists per side of hood, & 1 for your MF cloth, you`re good to go, I like to use

a California Duster 1st, before using a QD :getdown

asm505
09-10-2006, 05:16 PM
well that didn`t seem to take the water spots away 100% and I don`t want to rub any harder. I guess I will have to wash the car but I won`t have time for a few days. Do I have to be concerned about them "etching" into the paint or does that take a long time?

Eurosport94
09-10-2006, 06:04 PM
it will longer than a few days for the waterspots to etch into the paint. you CAN rub a little bit harder to try and get the spots off, but spray again just to make sure you`re not just rubbing the spot off with the towel

darksparkz
09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Some people like using the California Duster before applying QD, but others think the Duster can leave microscratches on the surface.

Yeah, basically do as above said, lightly mist the QD over surface, wipe with MF towel, flip over for a final buff.

You need not let the QD soak, just use firm pressure if you want to remove water spots or the such.

If the car isn`t too dirty, you can QD the whole car and reapply a layer of wax if you want. Or you can just do a quick wash and reapply that layer of wax after rains or other natural disasters.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-10-2006, 08:31 PM
It also helps to `roll" the mf when wiping. This way the dirt adheres to a clean surface and new/clean MF touches the paint. I prefer to mist the entire surface (hood, 1/4 panel) when QD`ing. Do it out of diect sun for better results and no smearing. I used Quik Shine, then AW today on my pickup and am toroughly pleased with the slickness......(and shine!!)