PDA

View Full Version : Question about #9 Application

lifeuw19
04-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Ok, one last post hopefully before i do my detail this weekend. I am going to go with Meguiar`s #9, by hand. I know it might be tough, but i have not stepped up yet and purchase a PC, but am eventually. So when applying this by hand, should i use a foam applicator or is cotton ok? Recommendations and/or suggestions? My swirl marks are not too bad, and actually this might be more of a "cover up" job until I purchase a PC in the next few months, but i want to get something on my paint this weekend. I`ll post pictures if I have a chance. Thanks for the help.

CharlesW
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Before I purchased my PC, I used #9 by hand with a piece of terry cloth towel for years. The terry cloth adds just a little bite to the #9 and worked pretty good for me.
It is still lots of work!!!
You might want to try it in an area and see what kind of results you get before going over the entire vehicle. In fact, you might consider spreading the swirl removal over a few sessions.
:dunno

Charles

pappy
04-01-2005, 06:20 PM
sorry to get off topic but i just stared at ur avatar for like 5 min charles...haha.. :drool .

anyway....on to the question....yea just go over it once with one of ur applicaters and if u need more just do another round of #9. and if thats not enough...i would either get a PC or step up to a more abrasive polish/cleaner or maybe both

Boss_429
04-01-2005, 06:22 PM
pappy,

If you step up to a more abraisve product, you`ll need a PC for sure.