PDA

View Full Version : Bad Experience With Megs White Clay

David Fermani
09-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I ran out of my usual Clay Magic and went to the local auto part store for a quick fix. I bought a can Megs clay and it was white. I tried it out on a black Escalade in the sun and it appeared that the clay was melting onto the finish every time I used it? ***. I tried using an extensive amount of clay lube(Body Shine) and that didn`t even help. I had to scrub the clay residue off the finish with a towel. Thank god it didn`t abade the paint. Did this occur because I clayed outside? My Clay Magic(Blue) never did this. Has this happened to anyone else before? Any suggestions.

stilez
09-09-2006, 02:50 PM
I usually use cold water mixed with car wash soap. Black in the sun will melt most clays.

David Fermani
09-09-2006, 03:00 PM
That`s wierd, I never had a problem like this before and I`ve clayed a bunch of cars out in the sun. Do you think it`s defective?

SpoiledMan
09-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Is that the "Overspray" clay? If so, call their 800 number as there is a known issue with a large batch of that.

matt colvin
09-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Either call the Meguiars Hotline, or post on MOL. They will most likely send you some new product :2thumbs:

David Fermani
09-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Is that the "Overspray" clay? If so, call their 800 number as there is a known issue with a large batch of that.

Yup - It`s the Overspray Clay. I`ll try to get my $$ back. I hope they won`t give me a hard time without a receipt.

SpoiledMan
09-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Just give them a call on Monday and they will ship you out some C2000. It`s a MUCH better product.

gav'spurplez
09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Just give them a call on Monday and they will ship you out some C2000. It`s a MUCH better product.

what is c2000 ?? another meg`s clay ??

i have always used the clay that is available locally in the kit,

never really had any problems, but i try to detail cars in shade.

SpoiledMan
09-11-2006, 04:13 PM
C-2000 is the Professional clay(mild) and C-2100 the aggressive version. They`re yellow and red respectively.

the other pc
09-11-2006, 04:22 PM
C2000 is Meg`s part# for their professional mild clay. An old formula C2000 was white and had bad smearing problems. (The white consumer clay is not the same thing.)

The current C2000 clay formula is blue. If you bought a screw-top jar with the C2000 part number and the clay was white it`s old stock. You can either take it back or call Meg`s Customer Care (1.800.347.5700 ) and have them send a new (blue) one (which is excellent stuff).

If you`re using the white consumer clay maybe the surface was too hot, as G35stilez points out, or maybe the lube you use isn`t compatible. I`ve used tons of Meg`s white consumer clay (with Meg`s QD) and never had any problems.

PC.

David Fermani
09-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Just spoke to Meguiar`s and they are sending me out a replacement clay. They didn`t hesitate one bit and didn`t ask for a receipt. I just had to e-mail them pictures of the clay and container. I very happy. Hopefully, the new clay won`t give me a problem. Thanks for everyone`s help.

mblgjr
09-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Glad to see Meg`s resolved your problem.

I`ve only used the Meg`s white consumer grade clay. Normally it doesn`t smear, but I`ve had one bar that did no matter what. Washing the car again cured my issues though.